light material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light material

Hi, I need the light material, but it is very slow - a rectangle light is much faster? Is it possible to speed up the light material? Thanks, Harry

I'd suggest being a bit more specific, scene type/system info/render setup all these are quite important for a helpful answer.
    Made a quick test and didn't spot any major differences
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_kkYmTGGUsb.png
Views:	230
Size:	726.5 KB
ID:	1116339Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_oS52KwWmS3.png
Views:	233
Size:	728.7 KB
ID:	1116340

Comment

Here the difference - normal szene without eny materials - only the light-material. The "normal light" is fast an pretty, if I use the light-material, it takes a long time... Color-mult. 1000 - do I use it wrong?

Comment

i woudl turn off "compensate exposure" and try using less intense light intensities that really suits the scene (might be this is a bit off atm)
        not sure if ti is that but might be worth a try

Comment

I see. I wouldn't say you use it wrong, but I'd suggest approaching it differently.
          Currently you count on that emissive value to do the heavy lifting of lighting everything and that costs you extra rendering time.

I'd consider the following few things:
          • is it going to be a single light source scene - just the emissive mat? If not, introduce a env. of some type, background light, dome with plain color or an IBL setup - even if it's not going to be visible.
          • set a appropriate camera exposure, so you don't have to use huge multipliers for that emissive material
          • if the material is going to be applied on a disk or plane, can you replace it with an area light

Comment

OK, to change with an disk- or plane-light isn't possible, I have o lot of ind. lights (curved etc.). So i wil find a way to be fast an pretty...

Comment

So, this is my solution with control in the vfb - a lot of small rectangle lights...

Comment

Working...
              X