Daily new obstacles…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily new obstacles…

I have a scene with grass kit, took long to build. I could tune it with interactive rendering, but when it came to production, nothing happens when pushing the the render button. Also when trying to submit to chaos cloud, nothing happens.. This is so annoying, can‘t meet deadlines, need to find alternatives which the client accepts… I hate it.. always new obstacles and no word on perspectives. I have another scene I have rendered yesterday for about 120 credits on chaos cloud…. could throw it away as I have overseen to put only one visible texture into a vray bitmap….
    I am at that point where I wish to have switched some years ago..

Hi Haniel, can I see a picture of the grass(even in pm)? How many clones do you have? I’m asking this because I’ve instanced a large number of grass clones in multi instance mode and it worked smoothly and fast, even on Chaos Cloud. If needed I can show my setup
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hi Sirio, I believe about 50000-80000 with grass kit. Interactive worked smooth. Hitting local rendering, nothing happens.
      When I like to submit to cloud, nothings happen for about 90 min. Then you can upload. Activated Motion Blur...

I am really like to see, how you done it..

Comment

Nothing special, here is a smaller scene with just 15.000 clones but I've done scenes with a lot more instances without issues (I can not show them right now) so you should not have problems by rising the number.
        The scene is this: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...-classic-villa and here is my setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermata 2021-06-15 alle 10.44.33.png
Views:	172
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1116685Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermata 2021-06-15 alle 10.45.25.png
Views:	173
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1116686

I have also posted a video about Chaos Cloud using the same scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZyWiBVkfc&t=118s
        Right now I'm rendering an image but I can post an example using much more clones later.

Maybe you have something specific in the setup that Vray doesn't like, but is impossible to guess without looking into your scene, I know you don't like this option but for developers the only way to fix eventual issues is to try to reproduce the problem using your project

3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
        www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
        @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Thanks Sirio,
          but cloud is not the problem... when you remember to use a vray bitmap shader.
          My problem is that I had no reaction and right now I am working on an alternative...

As I wrote... I was using Grass Kit... with much more grass... everything worked fine, until production..
          When I will find time, I can share a reduced project... But all this doesn't help me now or doesn't helped me yesterday... when I had to deliver...

Comment

Hello haniel1107,

There is a known issue with Chaos Cloud which won't render textures, loaded in the native C4D shaders. This has already been discussed here.

What build of V-Ray do you have installed? Also, are you rendering with V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU? Have you experienced similar issues with other projects or it is just this one? It would be very helpful if you let us have a look at a simplified version of the scene.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X