Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB and Render Queue

Hey Guys,

We're really starting to crank with Vray 5 and it's awesome! Words CANNOT due your 5 justice, it's so amazing!

But I have been having a hard time getting the VFB to 'consistently' get applied to images when adding to the render queue. We use the queue a lot at our studio. Is there something we're doing wrong or will this be worked out over time?

Thanks,
    Brian

Hello Brian3D,

Thank you for your feedback!

In order to apply VFB color corrections when rendering with the Render queue, you will need to start a render through the VFB, add all color corrections and lens effects and then save the scene and add it to the Render Queue. You can then copy the job and change the camera for each different job. You need to make sure that the “Apply VFB Compositing and Color Corrections” option in the Common tab of the V-Ray settings is enabled. Please check this video.

I hope this is of help.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Thanks aleksandar.kasabov ! Yes, this is what we've been doing. Usually what happens is it seems to get confused when popping from one scene to the other. Of course I've not updated to the latest version since the hair wasn't working properly in the latest version. Is it possible it's working better than it was a few months ago?

Comment

Hello Brian3D ,

Thank you for providing those details. For the sake of the test, could you please download and install the latest V-Ray 5 for Cinema4D, hotfix 3 and see if you still will be experiencing the same issue? Also, does this happen with a specific scene or any scene? If it only happens with a specific scene it would be very helpful if you can share it with us so we can have a look. Thank you.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

I'm going to try the new vray 5 today. It's been a crazy couple weeks with deadlines.

Typically the problem occurs when we add multiple scenes with multiple takes the queue with each scene having a different VFB. The renders then just don't get the VFB applied to them. Happens almost every time. Now what the artists are doing is using a machine on the render network per scene and not using the queue, but this is very inefficient. Of course, we'd love to use deadline, but for the amount of stills we render and the fact that deadline won't render the propper file name / take name (we checked with the devs) we are forced to use C4D render queue.

Comment

Hello Brian3D,

Yes, can you try the latest V-Ray 5 Update 1 and see if you still get those issues. I tried adding multiple scenes with multiple takes and cameras to the render queue and got the lens effects applied to each of the renders. Let me know what the results of your tests are.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hi!

I wanted to ask if i start rendering from the render queue will vray use the vfb? I was wondering because if it doesn't than i won't have my layers for denoising and cryptomatte render elements. Does starting a render from the render queue automatically use the vray vfb, or do i need something ticked or switched on?

Comment

Hello akos_kiss,

Try enabling the "Multi-pass" and adding "Post Effects" as shown here. Then, in the render queue set the multi-pass file output. This should save all render elements. Let me know if that helps.
                Aleksandar Kasabov
                chaos.com

Comment

Hello,

aleksandar.kasabov

No reason to start a new topic so my question is - can we now normally add scenes with applied vfb efffects into render queue and don't worry about the outtake? Also to keep the same layering as if rendering from vfb manually?
                  Can't this be solved in another way, when handling a lot of animations? An option which overrides render to PV button that starts vfb?

Thanks
                  Rafal
                  www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hey aleksandar.kasabov

Bumping up this question - I remember that rendering in c4d PV re-named and re-ordered the multipass layers?
                    www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hello RwVision,

Apologies for missing out on your last question. Could you please elaborate some more on it though? Please provide as much information as possible about your workflow and what you would like to achieve. Thank you.
                      Aleksandar Kasabov
                      chaos.com

Comment

Thanks aleksandar.kasabov - let me get back to it. I remember that multipass layers out from c4d PV were wrongly named - shifted by one position.

Also wondering about rendering into .exr / .vrimg to standalone denoise the animations.
                        www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hello RwVision,

Thanks aleksandar.kasabov - let me get back to it. I remember that multipass layers out from c4d PV were wrongly named - shifted by one position.
                          Can you provide some examples of this as I am not entirely sure I understand the issue here?​

Also wondering about rendering into .exr / .vrimg to standalone denoise the animations.
                          ​For this you can use the V-Ray Output system to save .exr/ .vrimg files. Let me know if you need further assistance.
                          Aleksandar Kasabov
                          chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
                            Hello RwVision,

Can you provide some examples of this as I am not entirely sure I understand the issue here?​

​For this you can use the V-Ray Output system to save .exr/ .vrimg files. Let me know if you need further assistance.
                            Hey - I mean is it possible to render queued files with c4d PV and also save the frames in .exr . .vrimg? If not, there's is no point of rendering this way.
                            www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

That's what I'm saying. Set your output with the V-Ray Output System, then add the scene in the Render Queue. Once you render you will have the .vrimg/ .exr files in your directory.
                              Aleksandar Kasabov
                              chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X