passes / POV / Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passes / POV / Glass

Hi, new to Vray 5 for C4D, few questions....
    - where I can set vray should stop after xxx passes...?
    - and how can I get render mirror in picture viewer...?
    - from 4 glass panels background not showing... any idea...?

Anyone who can.

Thanks.

-You don’t set passes, you can set a time limit or a noise threshold limit.
    -Why do you need the render mirrored inside the picture viewer? Use the VFB, it’s a lot more powerful and support every feature.
    -Increase the trace depth.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Thanks Sirio.
      -clear.
      - Need to save psd layer and in VFB not seen any option, exr saved but it saved 32 bit which I dont need.
      - In refraction advance, from 8 to 24 to 50.... glass not showing background, screen shot attached.
      - to get the mask layer of object, its coming red, not white.... any idea...?

Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by iacdxb; 23-08-2021, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Save in .vrimg, you will have all the layer, use the free ProEXR plugin to open the file natively in PS.
        If you can share a simple scene for the glass issue I’ll see what’s going on .
        You may want to look at cryptomatte instead of other masking system, it’s way easier to get the corrections.
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/

Comment

Thanks, I will try other option.

I checked cryptomatte, around 12 layers and non of them is with full mask.
          Multi-pass... sorted, I was selected wrong option.

Here is glass file.
          HDRI used from c4d library.

Thanks.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by iacdxb; 24-08-2021, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Hello iacdxb,

Currently, the native C4D background object doesn't show through refractive materials. This seems like a bug and I have reported it in our internal system (bug ID: VC4D-1061). I will let you know if we have more information.

As a workaround, you could add a Background layer in the VFB and add your image in post-processing as shown in this screenshot. Please note that in order for this to work, you will need to set the "Affect alpha" option in the refraction section of your V-Ray material to "Color+Alpha" or "All channels". Please check this screenshot.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Try with this setup (load another HDR), or do like Aleksandar suggested.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank guy for your support, really helpful.

One more, VFB is runs unlimited, can I control it stop after xx noise or xx passes....?

With Vray 5, is there any free small scenes or some basic material for study purpose....?
                3D Max have some library but not for C4D users....?

Thanks.

Comment

You can simply stop the render once the noise level looks good (don’t forget the denoiser, It will save a bunch of time! I usually prefer the Intel denoiser).
                  Alternatively you can 1) set the antialiasing threshold (rising the value will render faster but may introduce more noise) or 2) set a time limit.
                  Material libraries are not available for Cinema, if you want you can download some free shader on our shop. You can check on both our YouTube channel and Chaos channel for Vray5 tutorial, we also have some blogpost about Vray5 here: https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/blog/
                  If you need help for material just ask

Comment

Thanks Serio.

Comment

Region (selected area) render in VFB, is it not there...?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello iacdxb,

You can set a render region in the VFB by selecting the render region button and selecting the part of the frame that you want to render. You can find more information about it here.

Alternatively, you can specify the render region in the "Render Region" section in the Output render settings.
                        Aleksandar Kasabov
                        chaos.com

Comment

sorry... got it, my screen was small....!

Thanks.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by iacdxb; 25-08-2021, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Hello,

It looks like the VFB window is small and the button might get hidden. Could you scale up the VFB window (or maximize the window) and see if the button will appear? Thanks.
                            Aleksandar Kasabov
                            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                            X