VRAY 3ds Max video - Link HDRI to interior Lights in Lightmix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY 3ds Max video - Link HDRI to interior Lights in Lightmix

I just saw how in the VRAY 3ds Max video the HDRI is linked to the interior Lights in the Lightmix.

Minute: 00:56

https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/3ds-max/whats-new

How is this possible in C4D Vray?

Thank you

Hi acidnoid - this may be achieved by using a different "Group By" value in the Light Mix render element (documented here).
    If you use:
    - Grouped Lights - you just need to have the dome light and the interior lights under the same "null" object in the hierarchy.
    - Layers - you just have to assign the dome light and interior lights to the same layer.
    - Manual light selects - you make your own Light Select render elements with whichever lights from the scene you choose. Just note for this option, that the light select mode should be set to "Full" and a light object should be included in only one light select - if this is not fulfilled you may get strange and unexpected results.
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
      Hi acidnoid - this may be achieved by using a different "Group By" value in the Light Mix render element (documented here).
      If you use:
      - Grouped Lights - you just need to have the dome light and the interior lights under the same "null" object in the hierarchy.
      - Layers - you just have to assign the dome light and interior lights to the same layer.
      - Manual light selects - you make your own Light Select render elements with whichever lights from the scene you choose. Just note for this option, that the light select mode should be set to "Full" and a light object should be included in only one light select - if this is not fulfilled you may get strange and unexpected results.
      Hi Deyan,
      I’m doing some tests with light mix, everything works as expected but the manual light select mode is not working. I followed your instructions but maybe I missed something, can you please provide a simple scene?
      I’m using latest Vray build, R21, MacOS.
      3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
      NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
      www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
      @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hello sirio76,

I prepared a very simple test scene with 2 Light Select render elements and a Light Mix RE. The lights that are not included in one of the 2 light select render elements are controlled by the "Rest" render channel. Please check the scene and let me know if you have any further questions.
        Attached Files
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hi sirio76, unfortunately we found a problem with the light mix in manual light select mode and they didn't work until V-Ray for Cinema 4D 5.10.23, where we fixed this problem. So if you are testing please use the latest version.
          Deyan Hadzhiev
          Developer
          chaos.com

Comment

aleksandar.kasabov deyan.hadzhiev
            Thanks guys, it's working now
            3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
            NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
            www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
            @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X