Vectorworks Geometry rendered in Vray 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectorworks Geometry rendered in Vray 5

My usual workflow before upgrading to Vray 5 was: architecture design in Vectorworks, export of 3d geometry to c4d, replace c4d materials with Vray materials (ALT drag on top), render in vray - all working pretty smoothly in 3.7.

Vray 5 does not allow me to do that anymore. After some testing I found a problem - Vray 5 does not like that the Vectorworks generated geometry has the Material tag before the UV, phong, and normal tag.
    If I pull the Material tag behind the other tags, this specific polygon renders correctly.
    Unfortunately it is not feasible to do this manually with every single polygon or render element in the Vectorworks geometry and as it is right now, Vray 5 is not usable for my workflow.
    Is there a way to make it work again in Vray 5?

To make your head spin: if I add the same geometry from a "3.7 to vray 5 converted scene" then the other vectorworks imported geometry renders with the c4d materials !!!
    If I disable the 3.7 converted geometry then the vectorworks geometry does not render with textures!!?!?!
    I know - hard to explain - I have attached some pics and the file to test.

Attached Files
    Last edited by mrudolf; 28-10-2021, 08:46 AM.

Hi mrudolf ,
    What V-Ray 5 version are you using?
    Yesterday we've released a new official version that fixes a major UV mapping regression. If you haven't updated, would you please try the newest version and see if you're still experiencing the issue you describe and let us know if it works for you?
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

v5.10.23 from 14 oct

Comment

I have updated to the new version and that solved it. Thank you for your help. I wish I had asked this morning, could have saved me a day testing

All the best
        Michael

Comment

Working...
        X