Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lens effect with c4D render output

Hi,
    is it possible to render out the lens effect with the C4D Render output?
    Honestly, I thought this is possible, thought I did it in the past, but maybe I am mixing it up.

Using the latest build with latest R26 on windows.
    Thanks!

Hello haniel1107,

Do you by any chance have the Sharpen/ Blur filter calculated in the VFB?
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hello aleksandar.kasabov ,

I have just the exposure on. The lens effect deactivate itself when I start rendering.

Comment

Hey, haniel,

Thank you for the question. The V-Ray lens effect is post-effect and is applied when the render is finished, so you have to use the V-Ray file output. Maybe, you can save the VFB as LUT and lens effect as render element only, but it is a tedious workflow.

Cheers,
        Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
        E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hello haniel1107,

Upon testing on my end I was not able to reproduce the issue and the lens effects are saved when using the native C4D output system. Do you have the "Apply VFB Composting and Color Corrections" option enabled in the Common tab of the V-Ray settings? If not, please make sure to enable it and let me know if that helps.

If you still experience the issue after that, please share a simple test scene where the issue is reproducible so I can have a look. Thank you.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Hello boyan,
            ok thanks. I thought it was working, but then I mixed it up.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi aleksandar.kasabov I thought, too that it will work, as I think I used once. I will test again, You say it should work, Boylan not.
              I have the option you mentioned always activated, also this time.

Comment

Hi again aleksandar.kasabov,

I tried again with a simple scene. It doesn't work with the C4D output.
                Lens effect switches off during rendering and switches on again after rendering. But it doesn't save the effect.
                Please find attached a test file and the result.
                Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello haniel1107,

For this to work, please make sure that "Save Glare channel" option in the Lens Effects options is enabled. Please check this screenshot.

Let me know if that helps.
                  Aleksandar Kasabov
                  chaos.com

Comment

hello aleksandar.kasabov, yes great. This helps a lot! It works fine with your example.
                    Thanks a lot!

Comment

Lens effect switches off during rendering and switches on again after rendering.
                      I also noticed that ... why is that ? to show the user that is is applied after the rendering ?
                      it is very confusing that an user chosen option is by itself toggling on and off.
                      its like the switch at the same time is an activity status display. (?)
                      Last edited by index; 22-07-2022, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X