Volume Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Grid

Hey Guys! I know I must be doing something wrong, but haven't been able to find anything about this on the web.

The only way I've gotten a volume grid working is by using Phoenix cache from 3DS Max...If I use the VDB from Fume FX or Blender, I don't get anything when loading the files. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Hello Brian3D,

Upon testing with VDB files from Blender I didn't experience any issues and managed to successfully import the cache and render it. Would you mind sharing some of the cache files that you have issues with so we can have a look? Also, please specify the exact versions of V-Ray, Cinema4D, and your OS. Thank you.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Sorry for my delayed response, I had a major deadline and was working on that project. Here's a screen recording. I'm trying to get fluid dynamics working from Blender. Thanks!
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghrn2ibc0y...amics.mov?dl=0

Comment

Hello Brian3D,

The reason why the liquid from Blender is not rendered correctly is because the channels from 3rd party caches need to be remapped. Currently, the liquid cache channels are not remapped correctly. We have reported this and it should be fixed soon. I will let you know once we have any updates. Thank you.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Ah, that makes sense why only phoenix cache worked. We’ve been having a lot of needs to render water lately because of one of our clients who is an appliance manufacturer. Thanks for the response and yes, that would be great if this can be fixed soon! Thanks so much!!

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I will let you know as soon as we have any updates on the matter.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

aleksandar.kasabov Really appreciate it!

Comment

Hello Brian3D,

Our developers made some changes but it turned out that it won't be an easy fix. Even though the data is mapped correctly, currently there is no way to render it properly and this may take some time to be fixed. I will let you know if we have any updates. Thank you for your understanding.
                Aleksandar Kasabov
                chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for letting me know! Do you think you'll be supporting this sometime in the near future?

Comment

Hello Brian3D,

I am afraid that I cannot provide any specific time frame for that. I will let you know as soon as I have more information on the matter. Thank you for your patience.
                    Aleksandar Kasabov
                    chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                    X