16 bits tiff from VRFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 bits tiff from VRFB

Hello, I have Vray 6 in Cinema 4d Windows R21 and Cinema 4d Mac OsX R21. In both cases when I have a render in the VRFB and whant to save a tiff file, I go to file / save current channel / and select as tiff. The result is that the tiff saved is only 8 bits because Vray don´t ask me wich depth I want. In Vray 3dsMax I can save tiff in 8, 16 or 32 bits. Is there a limitation or bug?...
    Thanks
    Javier

Hello javier_gonzalez,

To save 16 bits tif files, you can set your save directory in the V-Ray Image output settings in the Common tab of the Render settings. Simply enable "Use V-Ray Output System", set your file directory, select your format and select your desired Bits per Channel as shown here. You can also find more information about the V-Ray Output system here.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hello aleksandar
      Yes. I konw this.
      The problem is that i want to save lightmix intensity different images and channels. To do that I save a vrimg file. Open it, make some variations and save each one to process in photoshop in 16 bits. As I mentioned. In Vray 3dsMax it´s possible to do that. Here in C4d isn´t possible? Thanks

Comment

Hello javier_gonzalez,

Do you know about our vrimg2exr tool that comes with your V-Ray installation? With it, you can convert your .vrimg files to .exr files to then open up in Photoshop. You can also choose if you want your .exr file to be 16 or 32 bit among other options. More about the tool can be found here. Please let me know if that is of help.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X