Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rendering particles from Houdini in C4D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering particles from Houdini in C4D?

Hey, I get my head into the Houdini C4D workflow and I encountered the problem that I want to render particles generated in Houdini, exported as Alembric in C4D.

But with VRAY Particles I cant get it to work. I guess its because the alembric particles arent technically TP emitters right? Is there a way to do that or do I have to generate and export geometry from Houdini?

Hello, jonas_schneider​.

Currently loading particles from alembic would look like this:
    1. Use the Cinema 4D native alembic loader. In the settings choose "Points: As Particle Geometry". This should generate Thinking Particles.
    2. Create your V-Ray Particles Object.
    2. Go to Simulate -> Thinking Particles -> TP Settings. From there you can use any Particle Group as input in the V-Ray Particles Object.

Soon we will also add option to use V-Ray Proxy as particle source, which should be a little easier to setup and also have better performance in some cases.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	380
Size:	521.0 KB
ID:	1170947

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.vardarov View Post
      Hello, jonas_schneider​.

Currently loading particles from alembic would look like this:
      1. Use the Cinema 4D native alembic loader. In the settings choose "Points: As Particle Geometry". This should generate Thinking Particles.
      2. Create your V-Ray Particles Object.
      2. Go to Simulate -> Thinking Particles -> TP Settings. From there you can use any Particle Group as input in the V-Ray Particles Object.

Soon we will also add option to use V-Ray Proxy as particle source, which should be a little easier to setup and also have better performance in some cases.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	380
Size:	521.0 KB
ID:	1170947
      Ah I always thought that you have to put the TP alembric object into VRay Particals. But the partical group makes so much more sense.

Thanks for clarification.

Comment

Working...
      X