This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Render / Render Elements

We are currently trying out the team renderer and it actually works quite well. Thanks for the clean integration.

But I have a few questions about the workflow:

When rendering via teamrenderer you have to save the images via pictureviewer, correct? The V-Ray output system is completely ignored. But this makes it impossible to output the renderelements from V-Ray. Is there a workaround or a button that I have overlooked?

We don't use DR for animations because we work with many heavy VRScenes. And sometimes it takes so long to send the scene for each frame that the frame is almost rendered. Is it normal that after each frame the complete scene has to be sent to the clients again? All the data is on one server. I look forward to your feedback.
  • Answer selected by aleksandar.kasabov at 27-02-2023, 03:17 AM.

Hello Doger,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

When rendering with the Picture Viewer, you need to use the native Cinema4D Save system instead of the V-Ray output system. If that is the case, please enable the Multi-Pass and add Post effects in the render settings. Then set your Multi-Pass output in the Save system as shown here. I hope this is of help.

Comment

Hello Doger,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

When rendering with the Picture Viewer, you need to use the native Cinema4D Save system instead of the V-Ray output system. If that is the case, please enable the Multi-Pass and add Post effects in the render settings. Then set your Multi-Pass output in the Save system as shown here. I hope this is of help.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Thank you for this tip. Works like a charm.
        But i still have problems to save the glare channel out and i have to add the beauty renderelements to get the effects result channel. Correct?

Comment

Hello Doger,

Please note that currently there is a known issue (bug ID: VC4D-1628 ) where the glare channel doesn't get saved when saving with the native C4D output system. At the moment the glare channel can only be saved using the V-Ray Output system. I understand this won't work in your workflow and I will bump the priority of the issue. I will let you know once we have any updates on the matter.

and i have to add the beauty renderelements to get the effects result channel.
          To save the Effects Result channel, make sure to enable the "Create effectsResult channel" option in the lens effects menu as shown here. Thanks.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
            Hello Doger,
            To save the Effects Result channel, make sure to enable the "Create effectsResult channel" option in the lens effects menu as shown here. Thanks.
            Yes i understand. But without the beauty pass the lens effects won't get baked into the effects channel. Maybe i need the Lightning/Self Illumination pass so the lens effects have something to work with?

Comment

Hello Doger,

Upon testing I only enabled the lens effects and the "Create effectsResult channel" with no additional render elements. Then all Save settings are as per my message above. The saved image had the baked lens effects. Keep in mind that the lens effects won't be visible in the Picture Viewer. Let me know if that helps.
              Aleksandar Kasabov
              chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X