Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray distributed rendering with deadline

Hi all!
    Did anyone manage to get c4d and vray distributed rendering working with deadline? There are a few things that i don't understand regarding the setup, and would love to talk to someone who has this integrated in their workflow!

Hello akos_kiss,

I will be glad if I can help you, please let me know what are your questions and I will try to answer them
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hello aleksandar.kasabov,

Thank you for the offer! I'm mainly looking for a solution that allows me to submit a distributed render. Either single frame or animation. But mostly for high res single frame jobs.
      There were a few notes regarding this in the deadline forums, were they wrote something along the lines of c4d and vray had a limitation regarding a live update on the online available machines. But this was back in 2015 so i was way before Chaos Groups development.

As far as i know there is no way to directly submit a dr job from c4d to deadline. And the vray spawner script in deadline only works up til cinema 4d r18. I could export the whole scene as vrscene to render it with vray standalone from deadline, but this is a bit cumbersome and takes a time to do manually.

Am i missing something? I would be really happy to use vray dr with c4d as it makes managing the render jobs way easier.

Side note but it would be nice to see to have a few more settings in the dr settings window. Like "restart servers on render end", "max machines" and maybe a ping function?

I know that this is probably a really complex issue, so i'm not getting my hopes up to much, but any kind of information is highly appreciated.

Comment

Hello akos_kiss,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

The correct way to submit a DR job via Deadline would be to submit a V-Ray Spawner job. However, as you mentioned, it only works up until Cinema4D R18. Keep in mind that this is not something that depends on us and you should contact Deadline for further assistance with it.

Currently, the way to start such render would be by exporting a vrscene file and rendering it with V-Ray standalone from Deadline.

Side note but it would be nice to see to have a few more settings in the dr settings window. Like "restart servers on render end", "max machines" and maybe a ping function?
        We are working on improving V-Ray Distributed rendering.

I hope this is of help.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hello akos_kiss,

Following some additional tests, we noticed that you can start V-Ray Spawer with Deadline even if it says that it only works up to Cinema4D R18. To do that, go to Tools> Super User Mode. Then Tools> Configure Plugins. Find V-Ray Spawner and then V-Ray Standalone Executables for Cinema4D. Scrow down to Cinema4D R18 Standalone Executable and replace the directory to the vray.exe file with the one for your Cinema4D version (in this example this is done with R26). You will then be able to start V-Ray spawner on your machines by selecting version R18. I hope this is of help.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X