Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Displacements Maps On Mesh With Multiple Materials - possible?

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacements Maps On Mesh With Multiple Materials - possible?

Hi

If I have a single mesh, which has multiple materials, can I apply a displacement map using VRayGeometry for EACH of the material? I can only add a single VRayGeo item per mesh.

Do I have to do this in Node mode?

Thank you
  • Answer selected by aleksandar.kasabov at 05-04-2023, 02:55 AM.

Hello pali_rao,

To apply different displacement maps to different selections of your object you will need to load a VRayMultiSubTex shader in the texture slot of the displacement. Set the Mode of the VRayMultiSubTex to "Face Material ID", then load each texture as a new item in the Texture List tab and add the respective selection tag to it. Please check this video.​ Keep in mind that this will only work with UVW Mapping.

We are looking for ways to improve this and to make the setup easier. I will let you know if we have updates on the matter.

Comment

Hello pali_rao,

To apply different displacement maps to different selections of your object you will need to load a VRayMultiSubTex shader in the texture slot of the displacement. Set the Mode of the VRayMultiSubTex to "Face Material ID", then load each texture as a new item in the Texture List tab and add the respective selection tag to it. Please check this video.​ Keep in mind that this will only work with UVW Mapping.

We are looking for ways to improve this and to make the setup easier. I will let you know if we have updates on the matter.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Thank you Aleksander, that's great info!

Comment

Working...
        X