Displacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement

Would anyone be able to advise how I can get the quality of the displacement in a 'Type' Normal as I'm able to in a 'Type' 2D Displacement?
    When using the Type 2D Displacement I increase the 'texture resolution' to 4096 matching the resolution of the source image. This gives a nice detailed, crisp displacement.
    When using Type Normal, it isn't possible to do the same. Is there a way for me increase the quality of the result from a Type Normal projection?

You can see in the attached image the difference in the resultant quality.
    Thank you
    Attached Files

Try this, cut the surface in polygons of 10x10cm, then use custom settings for displacement, I usually start from edge length 2/1 and max subdivision 16/20. This should give you plenty of detail, reasonable render time and use little resources.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Thank you for your help. I assume its custom settings in the quality tab of the geometry tag? rather than in the render settings themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by jon_leeke View Post
        Thank you for your help. I assume its custom settings in the quality tab of the geometry tag? rather than in the render settings themselves?
        Correct
        3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
        www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
        @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

I replied to the wrong post, awkward
            Last edited by 123456_; 06-05-2023, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X