This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal map issue with imported model

Hello, I'm having a problem with a vectorworks models once imported into C4D and rendering with V-ray. After talking with Maxon it it seemingly a V-ray issue.

Overview, from an architectural background so I model for arch viz in vectorworks. I export using the export to cinema 4d menu in vectorworks. Merging the model into C4D works fine and the model is visible. The issue I have is when texturing.

Using a 2m x 2m cube as an example. I model this in vectorworks and export as above then import into C4D. I create the required material but have problems with the bump/normals.

Adding a V-ray material with a normal map in the Bump channel. Then add the material to the model. In the render the normals map has no effect on the model. I have tried everything I can see to check why the normal has no effect but I cant resolve. I don't know what it is about the imported model that means the normal wont have an effect. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have been in contact with Maxon support who have tested the file. They obviously cannot comment on V-ray but have tested the attached file through native C4D renderers and the normal maps works and shows.

In the attached file, on the left is a native C4D 2m x 2m cube. On the right is a vectorworks modelled cube. As you can see if rendered, the normal effect is visible on the C4D cube but not the vectorworks modelled cube. I have tried aligning normals, flipping etc but no change. I can only guess I need to change something within the mesh once imported but I'm unsure what. Help!

Normal Map downloaded from ambientcg.com

Thanks in advance​
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by aleksandar.kasabov at 09-05-2023, 05:13 AM.

The UV-Tag is missing, so there are no coordinates for the maps. You can add it manually or unfold the object properly.

Comment

The UV-Tag is missing, so there are no coordinates for the maps. You can add it manually or unfold the object properly.

Comment

Knew it'd be something simple, thank you

Comment

Working...
        X