Cinema 2023 + Vray6 - freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinema 2023 + Vray6 - freezing

Hello, copy/paste or opening a File - Cinema is freezing... Any idea? Without plugins - no problem! LG Harry

Hello HarrySeidl,

Can you please share some more details about this issue? What are you trying to copy/paste? What are the exact versions of V-Ray and Cinema4D that you have installed? Also, what is your OS? Can you share a minidump file from the freeze? Please check this page for more information on how to generate it. Lastly, can you go to http://localhost:30304 and make sure that you are logged in with your account and that you have an active V-Ray for Cinema4D license? Thank you.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hi aleksandar.kasabov, I' m working at the lates C4D-Version (2023.2.1) and Vray 6.00.05 and Windows10. If I copy an object in a szene and paste it in another scene, Cinema is freezing. Same problem with opening a project. I'm working with a lot of Cosmos-Objects. My License is ok. Thank you for helping!

Comment

Hello HarrySeidl,

Thank you for confirming those details. It would be very helpful for our team if you can send us a dump file from when the freeze occurs. Please follow the steps, described in the page from my previous post.

Also, let us know if you are using V-Ray (CPU) or V-Ray GPU. Thank you.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

I have changed nothinger - standard-settings in Vray 6. Maybe the problem is, that the szene is older - Vray5 and C4D R26. When i open the szene in R26 - it works.

Comment

Don’t know if that’s the same issue but in the past I’ve had problem with older scene as well. In my case I’ve solved with this workaround, create a new scene, disable the material in the viewport by choosing the layer color option, merge the older scene in the new scene.
            3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
            NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
            www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
            @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Thanks sirio76 - I will try!

Comment

Hey, Harry,

Thank you for the feedback. Could please try with Cinema2023 1.3, I personally experience the same issue when simple open new scene with 2023.2 and 2023.2.1, without V-Ray installed, but works well with 2023.1.3 release. Please let me know if you experience the same issue with 1.3.
                Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
                E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hello HarrySeidl,

I'm working with a lot of Cosmos-Objects.
                  Apart from the suggestions above, can you clarify whether your Cosmos assets are on a network location? If yes, what is the speed of your network? Thanks.
                  Aleksandar Kasabov
                  chaos.com

Comment

I have no troubles in C4D R26 with the latest Vray6-version! Only in 2023...

Comment

Hello HarrySeidl,

Could you please try the suggestions and provide the requested information from the previous post so we can assist you further with this issue? Thanks.
                      Aleksandar Kasabov
                      chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                      X