Sponge material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponge material

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this request, if not I apologize. Can anyone help me create a material to make a sponge identical to this one? Thanks in advance.​

Hello craveiro

One of the ways to achieve this material is by customizing Diffuse, Specular and Bump textures in a 3rd party software and then attaching them to a V-Ray Material in Cinema 4D.

Alternatively, you could try to find a similar material online. However, I would advice on the first option as it would give you more control over the process.
    Last edited by viktor_angelov; 01-06-2023, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
      Hello craveiro

One of the ways to achieve this material is by customizing Diffuse, Specular and Bump textures in a 3rd party software and then attaching them to a V-Ray Standard Material in Cinema 4D.

Alternatively, you could try to find a similar material online. However, I would advice on the first option as it would give you more control over the process.
      Ok, thanks for de advice

Comment

Originally posted by craveiro View Post
        Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this request, if not I apologize. Can anyone help me create a material to make a sponge identical to this one? Thanks in advance.​
        For now I try only the inner part, I scattered a few cylinders and this shape using Chaos Scatter, a bit of sub surface scattering.
        It should work decently also for closeup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-01 alle 12.12.33.png
Views:	157
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	1182367

Click image for larger version  Name:	sponge test.jpg Views:	0 Size:	421.9 KB ID:	1182364 Click image for larger version  Name:	sponge test3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	322.1 KB ID:	1182365 Click image for larger version  Name:	sponge test2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	465.5 KB ID:	1182366
        3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
        www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
        @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post

For now I try only the inner part, I scattered a few cylinders and this shape using Chaos Scatter, a bit of sub surface scattering.
          It should work decently also for closeup:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-01 alle 12.12.33.png Views:	3 Size:	338.5 KB ID:	1182367

Click image for larger version Name:	sponge test.jpg Views:	0 Size:	421.9 KB ID:	1182364 Click image for larger version Name:	sponge test3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	322.1 KB ID:	1182365 Click image for larger version Name:	sponge test2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	465.5 KB ID:	1182366
          Thank you, the final effect was really good, I'm going to try to do it, I'm still not very experienced in materials, I have to deepen this part.​

Comment

Damn, sirio76 this is great, you're the King Dude

Comment

Working...
            X