Vray Node Material (Blend Material)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Node Material (Blend Material)

I am currently trying to familiarize myself with the Maxon Node Graph. But I don't quite understand it yet. Maybe someone can give me a hint. I am trying to create a Node Blend material. I have already created two Node Vray materials. Now I want to get these two materials as an instance in my Blend Material Node Graph. As a copy I can do it. But as an instance I don't know how to do it. Is this possible at all? Haven't found anything online about it.

Hello sven_nussbaumer,

Currently, you are not able to instance textures or materials in other shading networks, so you will need to recreate (or copy) your node structure for both V-Ray Node Materials inside the Blend Node Material. We are considering introducing a reference node for materials and textures so we can include materials outside the current node shading network in another one.

I will make sure to mention this thread in our internal system and we will let you know if we have more information on the matter. Thanks.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hello, aleksandar.kasabov​ I find it hard to believe that this doesn't work right out of the box. I have been working with various DCC programs for over 10 years. I actually don't know any program where referencing is not possible. That Maxon did not build this into the node graph is hard to believe. Somehow I can understand that the Chaos Group builds on an existing system. But it seems to me that Maxon's node graph is not really well designed. Programming something of your own might have been easier. Without a reference Node the maxon Node graph is not so good usable! So I am very glad that the chaos group are thinking about adding one! Thanks a lot for that!
      Last edited by sven_nussbaumer; 20-10-2023, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X