X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map material along c4d hair?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had success with mapping gradients or noises along along the built in cinema 4d hair? First of all, v-ray crashes a lot when using the built in hair system, even when i don't change anything just click on the c4d hair material. This is especially true when hair cloning is on.

Recently i was using spline guides for the hair as i needed some precise control for more abstract elements. Unfortunately it looks like some noises work and the gradients just dont work at all. Am I missing something or is this a known limitation?

c4d 2024.1.0 with the latest official v-ray release.
    c4d_2024-1-0-vray_hair_issues.c4d
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 30-10-2023, 09:11 PM.

Hi akos_kiss​,

There is an issue with Gradient not working as expected with Cinema 4D Hair, and we've already logged this in out system (VC4D-2030). If there are any developments on this, we will let you know.

If you experience problems with Hair in a particular scene, feel free to send us the scene through our Support form.

Please note that we recommend using V-Ray Fur and Hair Next Material.

Comment

Hi akos_kiss​,

There is an issue with Gradient not working as expected with Cinema 4D Hair, and we've already logged this in out system (VC4D-2030). If there are any developments on this, we will let you know.

If you experience problems with Hair in a particular scene, feel free to send us the scene through our Support form.

Please note that we recommend using V-Ray Fur and Hair Next Material.

Comment

Working...
      X