Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baking viewport/exchange images

Hi,

every time I open a scene I always have this loading which takes about 1 minute. I wanted to understand what this was about and if there is a way to avoid it. Maybe I have to insert the Bake object for each texture?

Cinema 4d 2024 -windows 10- last build vray 6 update 1.2(v6.10.02)
    thanks​

Hello visualtracing__ Please, be aware that it is expected for the software to take some time to load everything that the scene contains. Would it be possible to share the scene with us to take a look?

You can do that here or by submitting a request to our system: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Please, do not forget to include all the textures and assets needed.

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
      Hello visualtracing__ Please, be aware that it is expected for the software to take some time to load everything that the scene contains. Would it be possible to share the scene with us to take a look?

You can do that here or by submitting a request to our system: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
      Please, do not forget to include all the textures and assets needed.
      Hi Viktor,

I’m noticing severe slowdown using the latest builds when opening the scene. It take forever to create the preview so I’m forced to restart C4D, disable material previews from Vray preferences and reopen the scene.
      It doesn’t happen with every file so is probably related to some shader created using the node editor on a specific scene.
      Once opened I can restore the previews and it will work fine, I can even close and reopen the scene without issues.

3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
      NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
      www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
      @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hi, sirio76 Thank you for joining the conversation. If you could share with us a file that does that, we would like to investigate the situation further.

Comment

HI,
          I have discovered that the cause of many of my crashes is due to this continuous baking. If I don't do anything during the operation it goes fine but if I start doing operations many times it happens that everything stops.
          I would like to know what exactly this baking is and what I can do to avoid it.
          I attach a video​

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...Pv2X2cjuJlyYAk

thanks​

Comment

Hello visualtracing__ Please, be aware that does processes such as Baking Viewport/Exchange Images are part of the Cinema 4D and not V-Ray. It's possible it calculates the objects and material previews available in the scene.
            For best answer, feel free to direct your questions directly to the Maxon's support team.

Comment

It's been happening to me since I used Vray, it's due to the Vray materials, in fact if I delete them all the problem disappears.
              I'm sure if I wrote to maxon they would say it's a third party problem due to the plugin.​

Comment

visualtracing__ This is expected behavior as Cinema 4D needs time to load of the Material Previews. You could lower the quality from the Preferences ( Edit > Preferences > Renderer > V-Ray > Materials > Preview ) if you'd like: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...8_13-34-50.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by visualtracing__ View Post
                  HI,
                  I have discovered that the cause of many of my crashes is due to this continuous baking. If I don't do anything during the operation it goes fine but if I start doing operations many times it happens that everything stops.
                  I would like to know what exactly this baking is and what I can do to avoid it.
                  I attach a video​

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...Pv2X2cjuJlyYAk

thanks​
                  I never get that here, a few month ago I've had a similar problem (not the same) and I solve it by deactivating this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-28 alle 12.45.08.png
Views:	346
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	1195914
                  3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
                  NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
                  www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
                  @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hello All,

I'm going to revive this thread in hopes of furthering this situation because it hasn't gotten better, for me at least it's gotten worse. TLTR; Me and another artist I work with have been digging around the web to see what we could find on the material preview/exchange lags, lockups and crashes. Also what sort of baking is happening in the background when scenes are loaded in 2024. We've found that it seems to be an issue with other engines as well, redshift included, in 2024. Remember this 2024 release is supposed to have redshift "integrated." Anyhow the frustrations are documented by users in the RS forums and reddit.

My question to those with this issue is whether you're using node materials, and if its happening to people who work exclusively with Layer based materials? Also I don't use it personally, but i understand that Corona has its own node slate editor - maybe a non-cinema node slate would circumvent the issue? Or maybe I'm wrong and the Corona specific node slate is in Max? - I'm hearing this second hand. Lastly, some people are commenting that the constant refreshing node mats(or never loading at all) is a cinema viewport issue. I have experienced this personally(and you might want to give it a try) where my scene stabilizes if I turn off materials in the viewport. The understanding being that Cinema has a messed up viewport setup where node materials have to be baked to show up in the viewport - OP brought up the possibility of baking but I think the status bar is referring to baking node tex for the viewport. The more node textures(some maybe 8k) the longer the bake. You update a texture, bake. You save your scene, bake. If it doesn't bake, no viewport texture, just black.

Ultimately, I really feel everyone's frustration - I personally work on big scenes with lots of proxy assets and hundreds of textures(some 8k) and being able to work in the viewport with materials loaded is pretty critical... RS users resort to turning off node mat previews, so the only time they see materials is in the IPR which perhaps isn't an issue if you're rendering small product on the gpu.

Any feedback or commiseration appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X