Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Node material input fields - ideas and discussion

Hi All!

Just wanted to share an interesting way to manage attributes in complex node materials.

The basic idea is to create a selection of value that i want to have easy access to and add them as inputs in the node material. This is makes is easy to animate or change certain values of the materials. Or to have a quick access feature to bitmaps. When building multiple iterations of a material having a quick way to change out bitmaps is really helpful.
    This can also apply to changing numerical values in a material. or have quick access to the opacity value of a layered node.

The main idea is to have this as a quick access solution for a few values that we change often.

If any of you have some useful or interesting way of working with the node materials i would love to hear

I don't know if this is a c4d limitation or a v-vray one, but my main gripe with the node material is that i can't "tunnel" these into to the node material inputs. So if i have a node material with a bunch of bitmaps i didn't have to open the node material editor, i could just selet the material and the attribute panel would display an "input" section where i can change all the values i connected as an "input".

Also i know this is a more advanced use case but i would love to know how the value node could be used in a more advanced way as i can see that there are a bunch of input modes and nested data types but it's a bit much. and for most of these input types there is no apparent way to input data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	1201926

Very cool. I'm going to give this a go.

Comment

Working...
    X