Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c4d R2024 + chaos scatter + vantage?

Hi,
    is that right, that chaos scatter (the last one) is not 100% compatibel with Vantage in the Moment? I have a big Castle with landsscape from 2,5 km x 0,75 km and when I will use vantage, some trees are in the "sky" and not of the earthground. I think it is also a question of the number - with lower values no problem, with higher values = problem. Grass wars for the graficard too much, also inside C4d with vray 6.2 - I make the still images with cpu-rendering. Graphic card is 2x Nvidia RTX 5000. I must rendering now and I had diceded to make this inside c4d with vray and not with vantage. The deadline is the end of March and I must be sure that I have no troubel of the last meters. Second question: What is a better option for the graphicards for pojects like this? I ask for the next projekt. This is a big monastery comlex withe landscape around.
    Thanks!
    Regards Andreas
    PS: Sorry for my english, I hope is it understandeble

Update: I would try a new test, but my files are too heavy (more than 1 GB) i think, because, I can note use the vantage live link - "no connection". With smaller files (smaller 500 MB) without trees is that possible = c4d is right and the amount of data the problem. The second one: disabled light cache because it produces artifacts in multi-GPu + Disabled RTXDI resampling because it´s not supported on ulti GPU. I think vantage is for me too complicated. So I think it is better to learn unreal and make only the geometry in C4D, maybe for testing also vray. But in the future vantage only, when I have smaller tasks without landscape.
    Last edited by andreas_hummel; 28-02-2024, 04:06 PM.

Hello andreas_hummel Thank you for reaching out to us!

Could you share with us the exact Vantage version you are using?
    Does the situation reproduce with every scene or just a specific one?

The new Scatter support has been successfully introduced in latest Chaos Vantage versions. You an see the release notes here.
    If you are not using the latest versions I would encourage you to update and test again. If this does not help, please send us the scene so we can investigate further. You can do that here or by Submitting a Request to our system:

Please have in mind that we can't give you any advice about any specific hardware configurations or GPU architecture or models. However, you can take a look at this article about Hardware Recommendations.

Originally posted by andreas_hummel View Post
    Update: I would try a new test, but my files are too heavy (more than 1 GB) i think, because, I can note use the vantage live link - "no connection". With smaller files (smaller 500 MB) without trees is that possible = c4d is right and the amount of data the problem. The second one: disabled light cache because it produces artifacts in multi-GPu + Disabled RTXDI resampling because it´s not supported on ulti GPU. I think vantage is for me too complicated. So I think it is better to learn unreal and make only the geometry in C4D, maybe for testing also vray. But in the future vantage only, when I have smaller tasks without landscape.
    I am unable to understand how can I assist you in that matter. Could you try to elaborate on your questions and add some images/videos to help describe the situation better.

Comment

Hello Viktor Angelov, thank you! The try yesterday it was with update 2.3. I make a test with a file around 900 MB = errore message "no connection" etc. to vantage. Than I delete some Buildings, so I had a file with around 200 MB and Vantage is working. An other file with 500 MB was also okay and vantage was working. Only with this big files near 1GB and more I have the problems. The picture/viewport resolution was very low, because bigger picture/viewport resolution produce also "no connection to" and vantage don´t open the scene. And what means the error massage in the console: "disabled light cache because it produces artifacts in multi-GPu + Disabled RTXDI resampling because it´s not supported on Multi GPU"?
      My suggestion: I try to clear the hardware Questions with with my manufacturer of the workstation and I render my film finish and than I make a support ticket in two or three weeks. When the machine is rendering it is note a good time to make tests and so on... When I have in the futere a posibility with C4D / Vray / Vantage it is not so difficult than a new system like Unreal, but it has to work. The system has 256 GB RAM; 1 AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX 32-Cores 3.50 GHz and two nvidea RTX A 5000 with 24 GB GDDR6-Speicher with ECC.

Comment

Hello andreas_hummel We are unable to reproduce similar behavior. We have discussed your situation with the team and we will need some additional information in order to assist you:

1. Please send us a video recording of the matter. We would like to observe exactly what it happening. Show us as much of the process as possible.
        2. Please, share with us scenes of yours that we can reproduce the situation with. Make sure to share all the assets that are needed for the scene. You can use File > Save Project with Assets: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...6_10-27-13.jpg

I would like to encourage you to Submit a Request to our system and upload all the files there: Submit a request

Comment

Working...
        X