This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Displacement - Restrict to selection

Is there a way to restrict the V-Ray Displacement to a selection tag, similar like in Corona Renderer? Or maybe there is a workaround (that is not splitting the selection from the object)?

I am thankful for every help I can get.

• Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 29-02-2024, 01:39 AM.

Hi christian_schneider1 - you can use the VRayMultiSubTex in "Polygon Selection" mode (described as "Face Material ID" in the documentation). So generally you should set a black color as the default (so that all non-selected faces get no displacement), and add the polygon selection names with their textures in the MultiSub texture list.

Comment

Hi christian_schneider1 - you can use the VRayMultiSubTex in "Polygon Selection" mode (described as "Face Material ID" in the documentation). So generally you should set a black color as the default (so that all non-selected faces get no displacement), and add the polygon selection names with their textures in the MultiSub texture list.
      Deyan Hadzhiev
      Developer
      chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
        Thats workig thanks a lot!

Comment

I was looking for this solution, ive been using vertex selection exclusively, and this looks like the way. I'm wondering though if its Black is no displacement or if its Middle grey, 128?

Comment

It is black for no displacement. Note that the "Displacement shift" parameter in the Geometry tag basically tells how much of geometry will be displaced for black values of the displacement texture. So having a 0 for displacement shift, you get no displacement for black input.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_pdLKC9ywz2.png
Views:	68
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1204585
            Deyan Hadzhiev
            Developer
            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X