Create Motion Blur from velocity maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Motion Blur from velocity maps

I am trying to do a fluid simulation with X-Particles (Particles->OpenVDBMesher) and would like to render it with motion blur in V-Ray 6. Is there a way to do this with V-Ray? From Redshift/Octane I know that I can use the Velocity-Vertex maps from X-Particles to generate the Motion Blur.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, Christian,

Thank you for the reports, I appreciate them. The only method available at this time to achieve the desired result is to set up VRayParticle with sphere or combination of options. VRayParticle should be set up to use V-Ray, or geometry.

I am going to add your report to our internal tracking system.
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hello christian_schneider1 There is a way to apply Motion Blur on a X-Particle simulation.

That's what you need to do:
      1. Once you have the xpEmitter ready, create a xpCache and Build Cache via the button. The xpEmitter should appear in the Cached section. Please, take a look here.
      2. Go to V-Ray > Geometry > V-Ray Particles and create it. Then, add the xpEmitter to the Particles Source list, here.
      3. In the V-Ray Particles, set the Particle type to Phoenix and adjust to the Mode you need, here. Make sure to have the Motion Blur to From Renderer and then adjust the Velocity Multiplier as you please, here.

This workflow will allow you to use Motion Blur within X-Particles.

Comment

I am going to add your report to our internal tracking system.
        Thanks a lot. I would love to see this as a feature in the future of V-Ray​

This workflow will allow you to use Motion Blur within X-Particles.
        viktor_angelov - Thanks for explaining for everyone who does not know this yet (In addition for everyone interested I highly recommend checking out the well done documentation of V-Ray https://docs.chaos.com/display/VC4D/V-Ray+Particles and watch the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OclT...hannel=ChaosTV)

But this works only with V-Ray Particles and not with changing VDBMeshes like a cached fluid simulation from X-Particles as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
        X