Help with 4D people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 4D people

Hi, I've downloaded a free 4D human from Renderpeople to try it out. The file came in Vray for C4D and it works well except for the texture. There is a texture file attached with 1112 jpg images / frames. Can't figure out how to load it into Vray material.
    Could anyone help with the setup please?
    Thanks!
    P.S. I also was going to try AXYZ 4D people, but as I found out they work only through Anima, which is not supported on Mac (they do have some suggested workaround but that is not the issue now).

Hello lukas_kostka Could you please send us the object you are trying to render as well as a video recording of the situation?

Regarding Anima AXYZ, we highly recommend you give it a try. However, as you mentioned, we do not offer a version of anima® compatible with MAC / OSX systems. Both the main anima® application and all its plugins will only work on a Windows OS.

There is a way to use anima® PRO (only the standalone application, not the plugins) indirectly in OSX through a Virtual Machine with Windows installed. It may work fairly well inside Parallels, VMWare, or VirtualBox. This setup has important limitations because you cannot use native OSX applications (like Cinema 4D) with the anima® plugin (which is for Windows only), but you can export from anima® in FBX or VrScene and then import it back in C4D. It is a workflow that some of our clients are using.

Comment

Hello viktor_angelov

Thanks, yes, I would love to try Anima but the workaround is a bit disappointing, I need to purchase PRO first without trying etc.

The model I was testing was this free one from Renderpeople that can be downloaded here:
      https://renderpeople.com/free-3d-people/

I downloaded C4D version, and after opening there were several files and textures.
      But how to make the texture work, since the material can't be converted to Vray, and if I make new material and load the first jpg to diffuse channel, naturally it works only with the first frame of the animation - when the figure moves it is not adjusted automatically.
      There is some error on the site, I am unable to upload the images.

Comment

OK, today I managed to load the previews, so I hope someone could advise me how to load animated texture into diffuse map.
        Thanks!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by lukas_kostka; 10-04-2024, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Hello viktor_angelov, I've read in other posts about the new animation tab in the latest Vray build, that is great and should solve my problem. I have installed it and my question is, could anyone explain or point me to the workflow about adding the video into the bitmap?
          I've tried loading the first of jpg sequence, does not work, I've tried loading mp4 does not work, so it supports only IFL file? If so, how do I create IFL, as far as I can see it is something from 3DS Max? Creating the list manually with 1112 files I suppose won't work
          Thank you and exscuse my, if, stupid questions..

Comment

Hi lukas_kostka You don't need IFL file to have a bitmap animation. You can choose from other file formats as well.

I have recorded a brief video of the workflow that you can observe here: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...7_12-08-31.mp4

More about the feature you can read here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VC4D/...tmap-Animation

Comment

Working...
            X