Vray 5 hair UV texture wont work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 hair UV texture wont work...

hello i hope some one can help me, im tiring to make a fur that has painted uv map texture for some reason colors wont transferee from the map
    i added texture map to the root of the hair material and add the new VRayHairNext to the hair i've made i hit render no colors on the hair i tried adding the texture to the diffuse in Vray hair material, it takes only one color and leave the rest like there is no Uv map

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_61662.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	1095708

Name:	image_61661.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	1095709

Hey jaxer_wolf ,
    I'll look in to this and will keep you updated after I do some tests.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by shaio View Post
      Hey jaxer_wolf ,
      Thank you so much for the reply, i'll be waiting for your results

Comment

Hey jaxer_wolf ,
        been looking for reasons and i still didn't find why.. but i think there was a UV manger tag in the previous releases, i think this what could be the problem, is there anyway to get the tag working again?
        https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...GJF6JL8Ih7XfAA
        Last edited by jaxer_wolf; 15-12-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

i tried adding the texture to the diffuse in Vray hair material, it takes only one color and leave the rest like there is no Uv map
          You need to set the Diffuse amount to 1 to be able to use a texture for the hair. By default, this is 0 since the material uses the Physical attributes of the material to render the hair.

​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	hair_tex.gif
Views:	499
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1096151
          Ivan Shaykov
          chaos.com

Comment

You need to set the Diffuse amount to 1 to be able to use a texture for the hair. By default, this is 0 since the material uses the Physical attributes of the material to render the hair.

Name:	hair_tex.gif
Views:	499
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1096151
            well seems it works with noise only but it doesn't work if you grab an animal painted fur texture and apply it to the diffuse directly
            as what you can see here https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...0XdEiamVja9mPg

Comment

I have found this to be true as well. It doesn't seem to work with texture maps currently. C4D noise is awesome, but we need hair for rugs primarily and those are all different patterns. But I will say it looks like hair renders super great in 5!

Comment

Working...
              X