Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.7 -> Newest Threadripper not using all Cores to 99/100% when using "Bercon Noise in Bump"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.7 -> Newest Threadripper not using all Cores to 99/100% when using "Bercon Noise in Bump"

Dear Chaosgroup,

I have a big problem!
    Iam using a Ryzen Threadripper 3970X with 32 physical and in total 64 Logical Cores.

But when I render a scene and watch my Taskmanager I see that its only using up to max 70% of CPU-Power at all.

When rendering on my Ryzen 7 1700x with 16 Logical cores, i get 99%.

I thought it would be a problem with the processor so I tested it with Cinema 4D R15 Cinebench. I get all CPUs at 99,9%
    Also if I generate a new Standard Material and set it up the same like the other Material it works (when not using "Bercon Noise" in Bump).

And now I found what causes the problem: When using "V-Ray Bercon Noise" in Bump, the scene is just rendering at 65%.
    When using a texturemap instead: it renders at 100%.

I used the bercon noise on the whole object in a big scene. It seems V-Ray has a substantial big problem to use bercon noise on the whole scene at big scale.
    That is a big problem.

PdZ

Hi PdZ ,
    if possible can you please check if the same behavior is observed when you export the same scene to a V-Ray Scene (.vrscene) and then render it in V-Ray Standalone? Also, do you use the Bucket or Progressive Sampler for the final rendering?
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Is it possible to export a .vrscene file in 3.7? Do you mean by checking "Export to a .vrscene file" in "Translator"?
      I will try that. Never done that before.

And I check what happens if you render with "Progressive". Currently rendering with Bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by PdZ View Post
        Is it possible to export a .vrscene file in 3.7? Do you mean by checking "Export to a .vrscene file" in "Translator"?
        I will try that. Never done that before.
        Yes, "Export to a .vrscene file" is the option. Check "Export to vrscene" and uncheck "Render" then when you click on the render button it will export a vrscene file instead of starting the rendering.
        After that you need to render it in V-Ray Standalone by navigating to your plugins folder under "VRayBridge\res\libs\win64\ and run "vray.exe -scenefile=yourscene.vrscene" to render it.
        This will help me check if the problem is in V-Ray core or somewhere else.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Ok I will check that, but unfortunately later because the system is currently rendering constantly and I cant use it to test it right now. But I will do that later!
          Thank you shaio!

Comment

Working...
          X