Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange rendering - stops after 15 frames ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange rendering - stops after 15 frames ...

I'm sorry for my english. I am from Poland and I use the Google translator.

I have a strange problem. Previously in 52001 it was OK. Now in versions 52002 and 52003 I have a problem. Rendering freezes even after 15 frames. I have to stop rendering. Cinema 4D freezes when rendering is aborted. I have to close it from the Task Manager. After restarting Cinema 4D, I resume rendering without any problems. Another 15 frames of animation will count and the same again ... What's going on?

It's a very simple scene. The V-Ray renderer settings were not tweaked - like out of the box. I just turned on the noise reduction. This is true for both FB rendering and rendering to the Image Viewer. It doesn't matter, it's the same problem with 15 frames and freezes. Hangs with "loading bitmap". I render on GPU (RTX).

My configuration:
    - Ryzen 9 3900X;
    - 128 GB RAM;
    - RTX 3080 TI;
    - ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus;
    - Windows 10 Home 64bit;
    - Maxon Cinema 4D R20 Studio;
    - V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D ver. 52003;
    - License Server ver. 5.5.5.

Windows 10 Home is up to date - 21H2 plus all updates from Windows Update. The NVidia driver is up-to-date - NVIDIA STUDIO version 512.15.

I am asking for help, because I wanted the computer to count the animation at night, and it would only count 15 frames. I have to resume counting every 15 frames. It does not make sense...

I recorded with OBS what it looks like. Below is a link to non-public content on YT. This is a 4K video (I work at this resolution, that's my monitor), so it will take a while for YT to encode it.

https://youtu.be/2gTpyrzk7j8

Best regards,

Krzysztof

This error is happening to me too, but here the error occurs at frame 10 during bitmap loading

I7 11800H
    RTX 3080
    64bg ram
    Cinema 4D r25 117
    Trial 30 days vray last release.

I've tried several configurations, I've tried to return the video drive to the last version checked, I've tried with vray 5 2.2 but the error continues to happen on frame 10.

I'm already thinking about canceling and trying another engine renderer... Bad first impression vray for cinema 4d is giving me.

Last edited by viniciusa; 10-04-2022, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Wait with the decision. I reported the problem to technical support. I started to analyze the problem. I looked at the creation dates of my previous projects. I looked for animations that counted without problems and compared it to the NVidia driver versions and the V-Ray version I was using at the time. Back then I was using V-Ray version 5.20.01 and NVidia Studio driver version 511.65. I am about to repeat the counting of one of the projects that did not cause problems then, on the current, latest versions of the NVidia and V-Ray drivers. I have urgent work right now and can't afford to play with testing NVidia drivers for the V-Ray version. Over the weekend, I experimented excluding noise reduction in animation, because I did not use this mechanism in my earlier animation projects. I have rendered both in the native Cinema 4D window and also in VFB. Unfortunately, always the same, the same mistake. Only in the case of a different animation does it happen on a different frame. Some buffer is overflowing? For one animation it stops at the 15th frame, for another at 20 ...

Comment

Hello all,

I regret to hear that you experience this issue.

Do you experience this with any scene or a specific scene only? Does it happen when rendering with V-Ray (CPU) as well or it is only reproducible with V-Ray GPU?

Please keep in mind that the recommended NVIDIA driver for V-Ray GPU rendering is 497.09, so please install it and see if it will help. Also, do you get any warnings or error messages in the console? Thank you.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
          Hello all,

I regret to hear that you experience this issue.

Do you experience this with any scene or a specific scene only? Does it happen when rendering with V-Ray (CPU) as well or it is only reproducible with V-Ray GPU?

Please keep in mind that the recommended NVIDIA driver for V-Ray GPU rendering is 497.09, so please install it and see if it will help. Also, do you get any warnings or error messages in the console? Thank you.
          Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Parallel to this thread, I will be participating in the diagnosis of the problem through the support of Choas. Chaos support asked me to generate a .DMP file from Cinema 4D. I sent them this file. I performed a test on the latest development version of V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D R20. Unfortunately, the bug is still there. I answered a few questions. I will try to answer here too.
          1. Right now this is the first scene with this problem. I didn't do anything new. Out of curiosity, I recalculated the old 3D scene from February. Amazingly, it was OK. I didn't count the whole animation because there are a lot of frames. However, I counted several dozen and there was no error. I stopped counting.
          2. I generally use GPU (RTX). It's faster that way. I have now started counting this animation on the CPU. It won't be soon. I'll let you know tomorrow.
          3. The only thing that was buggy in the console was the information that the Cinema 4D colorization shader is not supported by V-Ray. However, after its removal from the material, further counting was interrupted in the 15-frame. I did the second scene, but based on the same surroundings and light. Here, a break in counting occurred in the 20th frame. Every 20 frames the counting crashed and I had to kill the Cinema 4D process and then resume counting - continue. So the same scenario was repeated as for the first scene, but in a different interval.
          4. Fun with NVidia driver versions is a bit troublesome for me. V-Ray is just one part of my workflow. This is a block of a larger puzzle. I use Adobe Creative Cloud extensively, I am also a CAD designer. I model in the PTC CREO program. I also use FreeCAD, CAD Assitant, DesignSpark Mechanical and more. Adobe recommends always using the latest versions of the NVidia driver due to GPU counting support in applications. This is an unprofessional approach, forcing the user to restore old and outdated drivers for just one program, making other applications unstable (possibly).
          I am aware of the multitude of hardware configurations, and I suspect it is very difficult to write a program that will run without crashing. So far I have been very happy with V-Ray. I modeled the product in CREO and then threw STEP into Cinema 4D. V-Ray allowed me to quickly visualize 3D. Sometimes the client wants a product animation or something else. And now there is a problem.

I want to solve the problem together with Chaos support. I want to help. I care about a good product and V-Ray is such a product. I know that there are other renders, but I enjoy working with V-Ray. Well there is something called habit and laziness before learning a new thing.

Best regards,
          Krzysztof

Comment

I'm after the tests. There are no problems with CPU rendering. I stopped counting after 22 frames. Stopping counting will not crash Cinema 4D. Everything is OK. So counting frames per CPU is fine.
            Counting on the GPU (CUDA and RTX) causes Cinema 4D to freeze in the 15th frame of the 3D scene I sent to Chaos support.

Best regards,
            Krzysztof

Comment

Dear krzysztof_malec,

Thank you for your extensive feedback.

As you have already opened a support ticket and have provided a dump file, my colleagues will have a look at this (along with the other information that you have provided) and will get back to you. I will also keep an eye on the case and will let you know if we need any additional information.

Thank you for your cooperation.
              Aleksandar Kasabov
              chaos.com

Comment

Hello, unfortunately i'm running i to the same issue. The render of my animation got stuck each 10 Frames.
                Same cause as your talket above. The most unfavorable subject is, i have to send the finsished animation tomorrow to the client.
                My Setup GPU (RTX,Cuda same issue) C4D R25.117 / Vray 5 v5.20.02) 4x RTX 3090, AMD Threadripper 3970X.
                If I'll render at CPU, it will take almost for ever with my hardware quick help welcome.

One quick add. This appears the first time. I'm using the first time cosmos stuff (Textures and Objects).
                It seems to be specific by this scene. It's frustrating

ceares Chris
                Last edited by christian_tremmel; 17-05-2022, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Hello christian_tremmel

I regret to hear that you are running into the same issue.

So far, we were unable to replicate the issue at our end and pinpoint exactly what this issue is caused by.

Could you please answer the following questions?

1: Does the issue replicate itself if you remove the Cosmos objects along with the materials? Additionally, can you test if it's just the material that will cause the freeze or the object?
                  2: Can you please provide us with a V-Ray Log file from the rendering session?
                  2.1: You can find the V-Ray log in your temp folder (C:\Users\UserX\AppData\Local\Temp)
                  3: Can you please provide me with the exact Nvidia Driver Version you are using.
                  4: Can you provide the scene in question along with all associated assets, so we can see if the issue will replicate on our end.

If you are not comfortable sharing information in the forum, you can open a ticket via the Ticket Request Form or message me directly.
                  Valentin Leondiev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,
                    I ran into the same problem. I tried two different scenes so far, one gets always stuck when loading bitmaps for the 8th frame, the other for the 11th.
                    No matter whether RTX or Cuda engine, with or without texture resizing, with or without cosmos assets. I tried both, the most recent Nvidia driver 516.59 and the old 497.09.
                    With CPU rendering, everything works fine.

Vray 5.20.05
                    Cinema 4D R23.110
                    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
                    RTX 3080 Ti
                    32GB RAM

I attach my dxdiag.txt for further system information.

I have uploaded one of my simple scenes here (gets stuck at frame 11). Maybe you can have a look at it.
                    http://cloud.freedimensions.at/index...N5Ayg2235fP35K

Thanks and cheers.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                      I was running into this exact same issue, and I think I have figured it out. It's not related to the cosmos models, but rather the .tx asset files. It will crash when trying to loading them into memory (When rendering sequences, still frames are OK for some reason). If you re-save these files as a different format like .png everything will render properly! (VRAY GPU)

Hopefully this helps,

Thanks!
                      Last edited by scott_canuel; 22-07-2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Hello @scott_canuel,

you managed it! I'm grateful for your post and the hint! I pay attention to the .tx files, deleting all cosmos assets till one single material including .tx textures and give the scene atray to render.
                        Including the material the render got stuck at frame 8. After converting textures to .png everithing wokrs as it sould.
                        Unfortunately the latest vray update doesn't fix the issue. In my opinion the restriction in use of cosmos assets only for stills isn't a good thing. I'm hoping it will be fixed in the future.

Thanks again to scott! Cheers Chris

Comment

Just a heads up, this issue is still persistent in Vray 6. Will lock up usually on frame 9 or 10. So at this point you cannot use cosmos assets in animated scenes using VRAY GPU. I hope it can be resolved soon, thanks!

Comment

Hello scott_canuel,

We don't have any updates to share with you yet. We will let you know as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your understanding.
                            Aleksandar Kasabov
                            chaos.com

Comment

Hello aleksandar.kasabov,

we were running into this exact same issue a few months ago. Just as scott_canuel described, it definitely has something to do with the .tx files coming out of the cosmos browser. No issues occure when avoiding the cosmos assets or re-saving the .tx files as jpg.
                              I just saw that your Team is still trying to find a solution. Thanks for that! However, re-saving all of the files for the amount of projects that we do is a very inefficient factor and is no long term solution. Since a lot of people are having this issue (also for a long time), is there any way for you to add something like a dropdown menu in the cosmos browser to give the possibility to choose between .tx files and .jpg before importing them? Thank you very much in advance for your answer!​

Comment

Working...
                              X