• Show
Clear All

• Issue with Material tag Side for Cubic Projection

Environment:
    Windows 11 Pro
    Cinema 4D R25.120
    VRAY v5.20.05

Issue:
    I have an object composed of polygons. Each side of my object has a separate material applied. For each side I have gone into the Material Tag settings and set the Projection to "Cubic" and the Side to "Front". In the C4D viewport, the Gouraud Shading correctly reflects my settings. When I launch the VRAY VFB preview, VRAY is not respecting the Material Tag "Side" preference and displaying my material on both sides of the polygon to which the material is applied. I have played with all settings I can think of, and am unable to get VRAY to only show the material on one side of the polygon. Screenshots of settings and results below.

Screenshots:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-14 123024.png Views:	0 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	1151141
    Material tag settings

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-14 123130.png Views:	0 Size:	360.5 KB ID:	1151142
    C4D Viewport display

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-14 123229.png Views:	0 Size:	2.13 MB ID:	1151143
    VFB result

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Happy to provide more details or context as may be necessary.

Vray doesn’t work like that, set the side mode to both and use a two sided material to display two different material on each side (set the translucency color to black).
    BTW, your shaders seem way too bright.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Thank you sirio76 . I tried with a VRAY 2Sided Material (not a 2Sided Node Material), and no difference...same results. FWIW, I am using a Dome light with an HDRI texture, not sure if that plays a difference. As for your shaders comment, thank you. I haven't yet fine tuned the materials or the lighting. Just trying to get the basic settings down first.

Comment

Aha, but making sure the "tile" box was ticked did the trick. Not sure on the intricacies of why, but it seems to be working now. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X