Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Material doesn't show a preview anymore

Hi everybody,

I really hope that yo u can help me with something. I was working on a project and from one second to another, the materials are not showing a preview anymore, so that I cannot adjust any materials.

I deinstalled and installed vray, even download the current nightly and installed it, but nothing seems to work. I think it is not scene relevant, as I have a the same problem in a new and empty scene as well. I attached a screenshot, so that you can see, what I am talking about.

I really hope, that someone can help me with this.

Thanks a lot and have a nice afternoon
    Anna

Attached Files

Hi Anna1 , can you check if rendering is also affected by this? Also you could check that you have connection to the Chaos License Server. If you have problems with rendering, they would also stop if there is a problem with the license settings.
    Additionally, if the above does not help, can you try to rename your preferences directory temporarily, to see if there is a problem with your preferences?
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Hey,

thanks a lot for your quick answer. I deinstalled and installed vray again and now it seems to work again. If it appears again, I will definitely check the license server. At the moment I can get a connection. Is this something, I should check first, when vray seems not to work properly?

Thanks a lot for your help
      Anna

Comment

Hello Anna1,

V-Ray requires a license to render the material previews. It might have been that you have lost the connection to the license server and therefore you are unable to render. This however is just a guess. It is great to hear that everything works correctly now, but if you experience this issue again, please let us know. Thank you!
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X