Cinema 4D custom Layouts with VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinema 4D custom Layouts with VFB

I set up my custom layouts to include the VFB in a panel but after restarting Cinema but after restarting the VFB breaks and makes the layout unusable. I'm not sure if this is actually a issue on the V-Ray side or a Cinema Issue but I thought I try here first.

Using Cinema 4D R26.107
    MacOS 12.4
    Vray 5.20.05

The screenshots are after setting it up newly and a saved layout after cinema restarted.

I’m using custom layout and I do not experience this issue on MacOS, I still have to try on R26 though. You should try another custom layout, maybe it is something specific to your panel arrangement.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Do you not use it in a tab by any chance? I've tested that but it doesn't work.
      Do you use multiple layouts with the VFB included? Because for one Layout it seems to work fine.
      Last edited by simon_trapp; 01-07-2022, 03:02 AM.

Comment

I'm using this setup and it works fine, I've also other custom layouts but only this one with the VFB included.
        Maybe the problem is that your viewport is too small and the VFB reset the dimension otherwise you can not see all the tools.
        Attached Files
        3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
        www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
        @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

I've disabled all but one and now it works

Comment

Unfortunately, the VFB doesn't use the native Cinema 4D user interface and is based on QT which is a third party framework which might lead to such visual limitations. In your case, the issue is caused by the large scaling of the display making everything bigger, and since we have hard-coded a minimum width to the VFB windows to keep it in a usable state it leads to this kind of issue where the VFB window overlaps with the Cinema 4D user interface. This unfortunately will happen not only in the viewport but on any place where you don't have enough width for the VFB to work with.
            Ivan Shaykov
            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X