Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Blur Blurring Everything

Hi

I've got a camera with motion blur enabled and have a NULL object with the camera inside it, as well as a vehicle. I've animated the NULL object, so the camera and vehicle are moving past the foreground. However, when I do a production render, the motion blur is visible on the foreground and background elements exactly as it should be, but ALSO on the vehicle, although there is NO movement of the camera RELATIVE to the vehicle - why does this happen?

Many thanks

That seems strange, but do you have motion blur added to that particular object/item?

Comment

Hi Larry

There is rotation on the wheels of the vehicle only, but but EVERYTHING on the vehicle becomes blurred. The only way I have added motion blur is via the camera.

Comment

There is obviously something wrong here, but Im not sure what it is. I've created a NULL (TRUCK RIG) into which there is the vehicle, a camera (with mo blur enabled) and some lights for the vehicle. I've set up three keyframes at positions 1,12 ad 24 for TRUCK_RIG, so the camera is moving with the vehicle, as you can see from the attached screenshots for the camera view, the camera DOES NOT MOVE relative to he camera.

On the attached render (on keyframe 12 - the middle position), the background AND the truck have motion blur, in fact the truck has more motion blur than anything else!!

Why??!

Comment

Not sure what was going on - I rebuilt the scene and it's all behaving nicely now. I think that my computer is haunted.

Comment

Well, I'm glad it's working now.

Comment

pali_rao one more thing can sometimes cause an issue with a bit more complex rigs. In the render settings, under overrides if the Camera Motion Blur is enabled sometimes we had issues because of the operation order in c4d ( animation, generators, xpresso etc.)

Comment

Thanks akos_kiss that's v useful to know as I did use the overrides. I'll avoid them in the future with mo blur.

Comment

Working...
                X