Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange behavior due to light include/exclude

Hello there,
    I stumbled about an issue using a light that uses project/include.
    If I use the option project/include, the renderer gets darker and has a weird stripe pattern.
    The same light without using include makes a brighter rendering without stripes.
    Shouldnt it be the same result?

I attached the scene, maybe someone had similiar issues and can help. thanks

Attached Files

Hello folklore,

Upon checking this seems to be a bug and I have reported it for fixing (bug ID: VC4D-1866). I will keep you updated on the progress.

Keep in mind that this issue only happens when rendering with V-Ray (CPU) and is not reproducible on V-Ray GPU (so you could use that as a workaround). It also seems to be affected by the metalness parameter in your scene. Disabling the metalness in the V-Ray material seems to resolve the issue.

Thanks.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

if I remove metallness and make the material darker, I still getting those stripes

Comment

Hello folklore and apologies for the delayed reply.

Thanks for elaborating on that. I will make sure to add this information to the report and will get back to you once we have more updates on the matter. Thanks.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

I made some more tests and the bug is still valid. maybe this helps to nail it down ...
          Vray V6.20.01
          light includes object causes strange pattern while rendering (cpu) seems with gpu this issue is gone, but the lighting is different.
          Pics are rendered via cpu.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X