Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewport Interactive Rendering becomes unresponsive after switching project color management to OpenColorIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewport Interactive Rendering becomes unresponsive after switching project color management to OpenColorIO

Thanks a lot, Chaos, for this really impressive 6.1 update!

When I initially experienced some issues I decided to simply wait for the first fix and most of them are indeed gone after installing version 6.1001.

One thing unfortunately persists and that is the Viewport Interactive Rendering (which btw is so great) becoming totally unresponsive after switching to OpenColorIO in the C4D Project Settings in 2023.2.1, even with the most basic scenes. The CPU runs at 100%, but it takes ages until the rendered view appears and if you turn the mouse wheel or click on a menu entry it takes half a minute for C4D to react. Things improve only slightly after reducing the preview resolution. Interactive rendering in the VFB on the other hand works fine and smooth as always.

Is there anyone else experiencing this problem?​

Hi greymiura, we are aware of this issue, but unfortunately we didn't have time to fix it for this release. We are in contact with Maxon about this problem and will be fixing this in a future update. For now the only alternative is to use the Basic Color management for rendering interactive in the viewport.

We're sorry for the inconvenience and will update this thread once we have a working solution.
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Hey deyan.hadzhiev, great, thanks a lot for your reply! Good to know that it's not just my pc becoming too old for this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by greymiura View Post
        When I initially experienced some issues I decided to simply wait ​
        Hi greymiura

I simply wanted to remind you that we highly appreciate our users' feedback. Please, do not hesitate to reach out to us when you find something you think is worth sharing.

Comment

Thanks, viktor_angelov, good to know. It always feels a bit like complaining and that's something I definitely want to avoid. I really appreciate the work you do!

Comment

It is not complaining, greymiura. Your feedback helps us to make our products better!

Comment

Ok, viktor_angelov, I'll try to see it that way. Thanks again and have a great day!

Comment

Hello greymiura I would like to let you know that the issue has been resolved, You can find the implementation in the latest Official Builds: https://download.chaos.com/?platform=70&product=47

Comment

These are great news, viktor_angelov, thanks for your notice!

Comment

Hello greymiura,

As you might have already seen in the Announcements section, we just released V-Ray 6 for Cinema4D, Update 2. With it, we introduced many new features and improvements, along with numerous bug fixes. Please note that the bug with the Viewport interactive, discussed above has now been fixed. You can download the latest builds from here. I hope you will enjoy the new features!​
                    Aleksandar Kasabov
                    chaos.com

Comment

Hey aleksandar.kasabov, thanks again for the notification (and please excuse my late reply)!

Comment

Working...
                      X