Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Vray 6 compatible with macOS Ventura 13.4.1 ?

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Vray 6 compatible with macOS Ventura 13.4.1 ?

Just got my new Mac Studio M2 Ultra. It is running macOS Ventura 13.4.1. Cinema 4D runs perfectly, but there seems to be an issue with Vray 6. As soon as I create a new Vray material, the software freezes. It looks like there is an incompatibily problem. Is Vray 6 compatible with macOS Ventura 13.4.1 ?
  • Answer selected by aleksandar.kasabov at 20-07-2023, 08:58 AM.

I went online and activated the license. Problem solved. Thanks.

Comment

Hi it_refplus can you try to render without creating a material? Also can you give us the exact versions of V-Ray and Cinema 4D you are using? Can you also create a process dump (explained in the macOS section) when it freezes?
      Deyan Hadzhiev
      Developer
      chaos.com

Comment

No, can't render. I get an error message.
        "Failed to obtain V-Ray license: -7: The Chaos License Server is denying access. Update the license server and check access filter (if any)"

V-Ray 6 (vray_adv_61001_c4d2023_bigsur_univ)
        Cinema 4D 2023 for Mac

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by it_refplus View Post
            Can you explain this? Nowhere does anything I have read say that manual activation is needed. This is what I see in the Licensing section of Chaos acount.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 11.38.24 AM.png
Views:	278
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1189634

Why does it say 0 In Use when I have C4D R21 open and VRay 6 installed? Clicking on it just shows the same info. Nowhere it says "activate". I am having same problem: When I make a new Vray Material, it has no shader ball preview, and every click anywhere results in spinning beach ball (mac) for many seconds. Unusable. I have been searching all over for help and this thread is the first with the same stated problem. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out this "activation" thing you mention.

Comment

Hi jeffrey_rausch​,

It looks like "0 in use" might just be a bit misleading. Once you start rendering with V-Ray, that number should switch to "1" to show that the renderer is indeed in use.

Regarding the black material previews, it might be because the renderer isn't fully set up yet. Can you double-check that you've selected V-Ray as the active renderer in the Render Settings?

Comment

Hi zhanet.georgieva, thank you for that info!

Sorry for the late reply. I have figured out the problem.

The license server that gets installed locally was logged into the wrong account! It even showed the green dot! I think I may had registered on Chaos with a personal email in order to get a free trial in the past. However, I do not remember any sign-in requests when installing VRay. But what is most confusing is that it used an email address from a different account than the one where the license was purchased!

*SIGH*

Anyway, once I signed the license server into the correct account, the VRay materials are showing quickly with no more endless spinning beach balls! Yay!

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi jeffrey_rausch​,

I am happy that everything works now.

Comment

Working...
                  X