Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Render Clients don't render Cosmos Assets

Hi everyone,

I'm rendering via Team Render. When I use cosmos assets in my scene the Team Render Clients don't render the assets.
    In the pictures below you see a random model from cosmos. The Cosmos object and Proxy are ignored. Just when I make it editable it will be rendered correctly.
    In the panel I see that the textures and the vrmesh is created on the clients.

For testing I copied the vrmesh manually to clients (same folder like the workstation) and it worked! So my feeling is that the assets are transfered to the clients BUT the link in the proxy is not changed and can't be rendered.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi klex167,

On my end, everything seems to be working as expected, which suggests that the problem might be related to the location of your asset files. Can you please let me know if your assets are stored locally on your computer or if you're using a shared network?​

Comment

The assets are stored locally on the workstation computer. The clients have no assets at all. All necessary data should be transfered.
      In the screenshot you see that the client tells me that the assets (cinema 4d scene + vrmesh + tex) are created. No problems appear.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi klex167​,

We will need more details to troubleshoot this. Could you please share with us:

1. The versions of Cinema 4D and V-Ray that you are currently using.
        2. Any logs or error messages from the console

If you would like us to inspect your scene please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload the archived scene in the ticket.​ Please make sure to save the scene with all assets for it (File > Save Project with Assets).​

Comment

Hi zhanet.georgieva,

1.1 Cinema 4D: 2024.0.1
          1.2 V-Ray: v6.10.02

2. There are no errors. You see the console in the post from yesterday.

So if I "Save Project with Assets" and render it via Team Render its working! And I was expecting that because the link of the Proxy is not absolute any more. See the attached picture.
          That would be my workaround for now: always saving the whole project with all assets. That is not convenient but if you don't have an other tip I have to live with that.
          Because of that sending you the scene with all assets would not show my issue.

BTW: I have these problems with all proxys (even with my own) if they are not in the same folder like the scene file.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi klex167​,

We've logged this problem into out system (VC4D-1995​) for further investigation and resolution.

In the meantime, as a workaround, I recommend avoiding the use of absolute paths in your scenes when rendering via Team Render.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Comment

Working...
            X