X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fixed] [VGPU-6013] X-Particles Color Sampler

Hello!

I've been using V-Ray for a while now and I really like it so far. Super stable and easy to use.
    The only problem I've encountered is is with using the Particle Sampler in combination with X-Particles in GPU mode.
    After giving the particles some color using different methods with X-Particles, the particles still appear all black in the VFB or Picture viewer.
    Color sampling does work with a Matrix object for example, or when switching to CPU mode, but that''s a lot slower on my PC unfortunately.
    I've replicated the setup multiple times, also in another version of Cinema 4D. It also crashes often when using the Color Sampler node.
    I couldn't find any info about it not being supported in GPU mode, so sorry if I missed that and please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by aleksandar.kasabov; 07-12-2023, 09:03 AM.
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 17-10-2023, 03:24 AM.

Hello rob_assink

Thank you for sharing your interest with us! We are aware of this situation and working on the matter. It's logged in our system as VGPU-6013.

Comment

Hello rob_assink

Thank you for sharing your interest with us! We are aware of this situation and working on the matter. It's logged in our system as VGPU-6013.

Comment

Great to hear and thank you for you quick reply!

Comment

Hello rob_assink,

As you might have already seen in the Announcements section, we just released V-Ray 6 for Cinema4D, Update 2. With it, we introduced many new features and improvements, along with numerous bug fixes. We have now added support for rendering Particle colors based on different channels. ​You can download the latest builds from here. I hope you will enjoy the new features!​
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Great work! Thank you for the fixes

Comment

Working...
            X