This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Profiler

Am I doing something wrong with the Profiler as its not showing any information for the render process? The screenshot on the left shows what I see, the right shows what Chaos Doc's expects you to see.
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 24-11-2023, 01:00 AM.

Hello jon_leeke Thank you very much for your time and efforts to provide the necessary information to replicate the issue on our side. It is classified as a bug [VC4D-2074] logged in our system and escalated to the Development team for further inspection and resolution.

Comment

Hello jon_leeke we are aware of this and are currently investigating. Could you please provide us with the Profiler html files so we can check them out. Also, does it appear on every scene or on a specific one?

Comment

viktor_angelov.Attached .html file
        In truth this is the first time I've used the profiler so unsure if its all scenes. Just ran the profiler on a fresh simple scene with the same outcome.​
        Attached Files

Comment

Does your scene have anything in it? You need geometry, materials, lights so the Profiler can show details.

If yes, please, create one scene with a cube and a V-Ray Dome light and without changing anything else, export the Profiler information and share it with me so I can compare it with our files.

Comment

viktor_angelov
            Yes a full internal scene, with objects and materials. Render showing scene attached

The profiler file attached is for a fresh scene with a cube and a dome light. Profiler Mode FULL. Hope this is what you needed
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, jon_leeke We will investigate and come back to you when more information is available.

Comment

Hello jon_leeke Thank you very much for your time and efforts to provide the necessary information to replicate the issue on our side. It is classified as a bug [VC4D-2074] logged in our system and escalated to the Development team for further inspection and resolution.

Comment

viktor_angelov I have noticed a couple of other, what I assume are bugs in this latest version. Is here ok or would you rather I note them in separate posts?

1, adding a tag to an object - when right clicking on an object the V-Ray tag options are not available in the tag list anymore. Need to go up to the menu bar > tags of the object palette where V-Ray tags are present.

2, In the VFB I have enabled save history and added a folder path, then saved and closed. Each time I open the same project I have to do the action again, it doesn't remember its enabled and the chosen path. Its the same for the Profiler, when opening a project it doesn't remember I have turned on the profiler and added a file path.

Comment

Thank you for letting us know jon_leeke Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce neither of those situations. The V-Ray Tags are available when Right-Clicking an object in the menu: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...7_07-49-03.jpg

The History and Profiler information are also saved as expected.

What V-Ray are you using?
                    Does it happen in one specific scene or in every scene, simple scenes as well?

Comment

viktor_angelov

V-Ray tag - I'm currently running C4D 26.110 & 2024.1.0 In R26 the right click works fine with the option for V-Ray tags. 2024 doesn't have the option. Photos attached

History - When opening either version the history is no longer enabled and the file path is no longer held (I have also made sure I have done save and close before existing the VFB settings
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello jon_leeke

The V-Ray tag in Cinema 4D 2024 can be found under the Extensions tab: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...8_09-52-09.jpg

Regarding the History situation, let me know the location of the folder you are using for the History. Is it stored on a shared drive such as Google Drive?

Comment

Working...
                        X