X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Scatter no longer renders in interactive rendering mode on new update

Hello !

I have a problem with the new update, chaos scatter no longer renders in interactive mode but appears in production render.

Is there a new setting to activate?

Thanks in advance for your help.​
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 24-01-2024, 03:41 AM.

Hello everyone, I would like to let you know that The Chaos Scatter issue [VC4D-2117] has been resolved and the implemented fix you can find in any Stable build after 15th of January 2024: https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vray6c4d/stable/6.2

Comment

Hi Kevin, I was having the same issue. Looks like a possible bug with the last update. I found a workaround by making the objects you want to scatter editable then they show up in the interactive render.

Comment

Hello kevin_assie Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please let us know what your set up is? I tested it on our machines and it works as expected: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...2_08-56-44.mp4
        Does it happen on a simple scene as well or just a specific scene? Could you share with us the scene so we can investigate it?

THSCreative Thank you for joining the conversation. Was it confirmed by someone from our team that this is a bug?

Comment

​Hello viktor_angelov

With "normal" C4D object it works, but with chaos objects it doesn't. I tried david_faircloth​'s solution and it works.

Thanks for your feedback​
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for letting me know kevin_assie Please, do share the scene with us so we can investigate further as on our side all objects - "normal" and Chaos ones are working as expected with Chaos Scatter.

Please, refer to the video: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...2_10-15-40.mp4

Comment

viktor_angelov Here is the file. My C4D is 2024.1.0 and V-Ray 6.20.00
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for sharing kevin_assie We have reproduced the issue being caused only in Cinema 4D 2024. We have logged it in our system and will be looking into it.

Comment

Hi all
                  I confirm also in 2023. Chaos Scatter 4 don't assume c4d instances or render instances. If we make instances editable, then it works
                  hoppefully a soon fix because it forces me to downgrade to 6.1

thanks
                  nuno

Comment

nunomatos Could you please share with us the exact Cinema 4D version you are using? You can find that at Help > About Cinema 4D
                    Last edited by viktor_angelov; 13-12-2023, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Hey, nunomatos​,

Thank you for the report! You don't have to downgrade the V-Ray For Cinema version because of that. If you are using Cinema 2024, remove the chaos scatter from the installation and copy and paste the version from 6.1. Another way to uninstall all is to install prior to the 6.1 release, and when you apply the 6.2, untick option for installation on Chaos Scatter.

Cheers,
                      Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
                      E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Hi Victor and Boyan. thanks for the prompt answer and workaround.
                        about C4D version we are using 2023.2.2
                        thanks
                        nuno

Comment

to resolve, the chaos cosmos object could explode

Comment

well not the best solution, explode cosmos objects (they are very detailed)
                            viktor_angelov, just to inform:
                            - if we open a old scene that uses Scatter 3 in the new scatter 4, it won't render instances, but if we transfer the instances to a new fresh Scatter object they will render.
                            best regards
                            nuno

ps- we wish you all a 2024 full of great successes

Comment

Hi, just to report I am having the same problem with chaos scatter - I am on C4D version 2024.2.0 and Vray 6.20.00.

Comment

I too am having the issue with Chaos Scatter and Interactive Mode. Using C4D 2024.20 & Vray 6.2

They do not appear in a Chaos Vantage Live Link either (version 2.2.1)

Comment

Working...
                                X