Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Bump node after Update to vray 6 .2

Hello,
    after the updateto vray 6 update 2 all my bump multiplier are set to 1 (node material)...and when i said all i refered to all my files, all my projects...basically i lost all my bump settings for all my projects...that is quite something.....as i need to go back to old projects how can i find my old settings?do you have any fix for it????
    this is an huge issue Chaos...
    Thanks
    Marco
    Attached Files

Hi marco_zanella, which is the Cinema 4D version you are opening your projects in? We made a modification on the bump material multiplier so it can work with texture inputs, but unfortunately, the migration logic seems to not be working for older Cinema 4D versions. Can you try opening your project in Cinema 4D R25 or newer?
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Hello i have r23 version..now i am rendering as i have a tight deadline..i will try to download a newer version to see if all ok, and will let you know next week...what if the multiplier is messed up also in the newer version..
      thank you Deyan for your fast reply

Comment

In Cinema 4D R25 or newer it should be OK. But if you can not update to newer Cinema 4D you have two options (until we figure out how to preserve the value for older Cinema 4D versions):
        1. If you need to update to V-Ray 6.2: Open your old projects (saved before 6.2) with Cinema 4D R25 or older. Save the project (preferably in a new file). And then open the project back in R23.
        2. Use older V-Ray (6.10.02 or older).
        Sorry for the caused inconvenience, we will try to find a way to preserve the values.
        Deyan Hadzhiev
        Developer
        chaos.com

Comment

ok...thank you so much
          Best
          Marco

Comment

Working...
          X