Big issues in 6.2 on GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big issues in 6.2 on GPU

I'm a bit shocked some of this stuff was missed as its very apparent. Lack of testing?

Anyways, Noise seems to have some pretty awful issues on GPU. Both noise nodes do this. CPU does not have this issue nor does 6.1 as far as I know.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	244
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	1197571

Here is the same on CPU
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	184
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1197572

Next up when I turn on lightpass mode for interactive in GPU... it refreshes every second, forever even when you aren't doing anything just constantly starts and stops building light cache.

Would be nice to see a hotfix on these items.​​

The first image seems pretty odd, because this behaviour I would expect when I use very small values on the TrIplanar node, simply because it tiles the noise on a small value. I am more surprised that the CPU rendering doesnt have the tiling

Comment

Hey, Seth, Jonas,

Thank you for the comments and reports. I really appreciate it. seth_richardson Seth, I will open a ticket for future implementation of Maxon Noise to work with the Triplanar map on GPU. As for the second point could please help me with scene file to reproduce the problem

Cheers,
      Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
      E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by boyan View Post
        Hey, Seth, Jonas,

Thank you for the comments and reports. I really appreciate it. seth_richardson Seth, I will open a ticket for future implementation of Maxon Noise to work with the Triplanar map on GPU. As for the second point could please help me with scene file to reproduce the problem

Cheers,
        This issue with the constantly refreshing vfb is being caused by the existence of redshift materials, regardless of if they are applied or not. Deleting the material made light cache on interactive rending behave normally.

Comment

seth_richardson

Seth, could please try UVW Channel node with Noise maps and triplanar, when using node materials?

cheers,
          Attached Files
          Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
          E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X