X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem "Save project with assets"

HI,

I noticed that saving with Assets doesn't work.
    I import one of my resources into vray from the content browser and when I save I lose the textures.
    This only happens with vray while with Corona it works fine.
    Is it a bug?

Thank you​
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 10-01-2024, 05:33 AM.

Thank you for all the information, visualtracing__

The issue we are aware of and it's logged in our system [VC4D-1860].
    If an object with a texture is added to a library in the Asset browser and then this library is exported and imported to other Cinema4D, the texture won't be visible in the render once the object is imported to the scene.

I have added the information you provided to the existing case and we will be looking into it.

Comment

perhaps the problem only occurs when inserting the texture into a Vray bitmap. Without it it works fine

Comment

Hello visualtracing__ I investigated the situation in Cinema 4D 2023 with latest V-Ray build and it worked as expected with bitmap and V-Ray bitmap. Please, refer to the video recorded: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...9_10-41-02.mp4

Would you let me know if your are using assets from the Cosmos library?

Also, if you could share with me the scene as well as the Cinema 4D and V-Ray versions.

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
          Hello visualtracing__ I investigated the situation in Cinema 4D 2023 with latest V-Ray build and it worked as expected with bitmap and V-Ray bitmap. Please, refer to the video recorded: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...9_10-41-02.mp4

Would you let me know if your are using assets from the Cosmos library?

Also, if you could share with me the scene as well as the Cinema 4D and V-Ray versions.

hi Victor,

Thanks for looking into it.
          With Chaos cosmos resources it works well. The problem only occurs with resources taken from the assets browser. Below you will find the link with a video.
          I hope this helps
          I'm on windows 10 and Cinea 4d 20241 with last buil vray update 2 ( jan 9 2024)

Thank you​

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...VOH2YDq0ugiPUk

Comment

Thank you for the video visualtracing__ Does that mean that if you import the same file but not from the Asset Browser it will work as expected?

It would be great if you could share the scene as well as the file ( books ) so we can investigate further. You can do that here or by Submitting a request to our system: Submit a request

Comment

Hi Victor,

I attach the example scene file and the video with the procedure. The problem only happens when you get a resource from the content browser.

in the video I forgot to point out that even if you see the preview of the texture (file_f541355b89dea671~.jpg), in reality it isn't there.
              Thank you

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...vQdrtsPzNuNAy7
              Attached Files
              Last edited by visualtracing__; 10-01-2024, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Thank you for all the information, visualtracing__

The issue we are aware of and it's logged in our system [VC4D-1860].
                If an object with a texture is added to a library in the Asset browser and then this library is exported and imported to other Cinema4D, the texture won't be visible in the render once the object is imported to the scene.

I have added the information you provided to the existing case and we will be looking into it.

Comment

Working...
                X