This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D Displacement effect error when using SCALE UV function

点击图片查看大图  常用中文名:A.png 浏览数: 0 大小: 345.7 KB 编号:1201440 点击图片查看大图  名称:B.png 浏览数: 0 大小: 352.6 KB 编号:1201441 我用视频和工程记录了这个问题
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 123456_; 05-02-2024, 11:33 PM.
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 06-02-2024, 02:56 AM.

Nihao,

Thank you for your reports I appreciate all of them. Yes, there is an issue when 2d option is used with displacement. I will add this to our bug tracking system. You can avoid this with little effort, which is not user-friendly indeed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_2024-02-06_11-50-29.png
Views:	55
Size:	458.6 KB
ID:	1201461

Cheers,

Comment

how is your material mapped, just uvw mapping or do you have an override, cubic maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgang_himmelfarb View Post
        how is your material mapped, just uvw mapping or do you have an override, cubic maybe?
        I have uploaded the project, you can download and view it,I am uvw mapping

Comment

Im not a chaos admin so i'm not going to work on your file.

2D and Normal(or 3D) are very different methods and displaces at different parts of the process. 2D displaces at the UV level while Normal displaces the resultant mesh at the end. For your setup, you may have to add a UVW transform to your material and match it to the object UVW override for 2D Disp to match, but it's not really meant to be used with overrides. 2D displacement gives you better/sharper results more efficiently than normal(3D) in most situations, and uses much less ram usage. but you have to have properly uvd geo and it gets complicated with overrides. If you want to see what I mean, try changing the projection type in your material tag to something besides uvw mapping - 2D will ignore it but your material won't and your result will be wrong. I think something similar is going on there. I'm interested in what someone from chaos thinks tho and it might be a big or multiplier issue.

Comment

Nihao,

Thank you for your reports I appreciate all of them. Yes, there is an issue when 2d option is used with displacement. I will add this to our bug tracking system. You can avoid this with little effort, which is not user-friendly indeed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_2024-02-06_11-50-29.png
Views:	55
Size:	458.6 KB
ID:	1201461

Cheers,
            Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
            E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X