Acescg to Photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acescg to Photoshop

Im working on an Acescg setup and haveing issues with the photoshop conversion. I am currently using the config.ocio file that is included in the c: maxon folder. This is how it comes up by defalut. Correct, no idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	203
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1202308

Render looks good, I do some vfb edits and save out at exr multi channel file. Then I go to photoshop and use this old converter to make some luts. I assume here I'm using the same oico file that I used earlier in cinema.

. Click image for larger version

Views:	159
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1202309

Click image for larger version

Views:	153
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1202310

Here is where i'm stumped. I have to do a conversion from aces to srgb so i can view my aces output but then I need to do an "invert" so it reads the linear properly. I have no idea which combination to do for this part. I'm guessing here. Acescg give really nice results in cinema but the photoshop is... well its an adobe product so they don't really develop anything useful, just gimmicky junk. any help would be great. if anyone has a good system I'd greatly appreciate a hand.

Im also following the below youtube from Jonas Noell which is now old and uses a chaos thread form a while ago. They clearly use a different config file. Last thing, whats up with all the config files. this is supposed to be a replacement for srgb but there is no uniformity in the config files?! which one should I use etc. ​​​

So I'm going to answer my own question here, or at least to attempt to. I came across this post in the Chaos Maya forum. Apparently there is a lut that will do both color and linear transforms and is meant for the 2.0 config file. The Jonas youtube version is 1.2 so for that to work you'd have to hunt down the old config. Anyway I imagine all 3d modelers will will package the current config 2.0

this is the lut for photoshop.

mP_fnord_ACEScg2linsRGB.zip

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	22 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	1202452

CORRECTION : THIS DOESNT WORK

Apparently no one on the internet has transitioned to the 2.0 config and are still manually hooking up the old 1.3 config to the VFB. This is frustrating since all the apps ship with 2.0. There are users in the other forum capitulating and saving out 8bit so they can have the result they expected out of the render engine. ​​Currently I don't see any user friendly or even usable workflow for acescg to photoshop which is Im sure one of the most common workflows for aces on this forum.
    Last edited by wolfgang_himmelfarb; 22-02-2024, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X