Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increase in file size (7GB)

Hi guys,

A few days ago I noticed a problem with a disproportionate increase in file size. It's happened to me twice already in two different scenes. I don't know how a 200 MB file becomes 7GB and even if I delete all the content of the scene including the materials, the file still weighs around 7GB.
    Has this happened to anyone else? I solve it by copying all the contents into a new file.​

Same here. It just happens from time to time and my workaround is the same: copy everything to a new file. Pretty annoying. But I'm not sure if its a vray or cinema issue.

Comment

Originally posted by klex167 View Post
      Same here. It just happens from time to time and my workaround is the same: copy everything to a new file. Pretty annoying. But I'm not sure if its a vray or cinema issue.
      have you installed the cinema update by any chance? 2024.2.0 because it's been happening to me recently

Comment

Yes 2024.2.0. I think I've been experiencing this for some weeks now.

Comment

It's possible that the cause is this update, because I don't remember ever having had problems of this type

Comment

Hi all, just to chime in that we are aware of a similar issue. For now we have reduced the problem to misbehaving Proxy objects (and this affects Cosmos assets as well), especially when used together with Chaos Scatter. This issue seems to be mostly observed in Cinema 4D 2024, but we think it may be possible in earlier versions.

That being said - we are working on a fix, but it would be great if you can confirm that you have V-Ray Proxy or V-Ray Cosmos assets in such scenes. Sorry for the caused inconvenience and we will inform you as soon as we have some development on this issue.
            Deyan Hadzhiev
            Developer
            chaos.com

Comment

Good to hear that you are aware of that issue.
              I can confirm that in my todays scene (200 MB suddently increases to 27 GB!) I'm using proxys from cosmos. No scatter in this case but I'm pretty sure that the last time I had this issue chaos scatter was involved.

Comment

Same here, with 2024.2. sometimes after opening it says can't open file, then you can try to save the file with 2023. I thought it is a 2024 problem and has nothing to do with vray. But I had the same problems with earlier versions of 2024. Indeed I used some cosmo asstes..

Because of this, I am only using 2023...
                Last edited by haniel1107; 23-02-2024, 12:44 AM.

Comment

yes I'm also using Cosmos assets

Comment

when you get the big file open and copy & paste everything to a new file, the file size is small again...

Comment

Hi, I had similar problem; Project c4d file size have began grown expotential from about 1GB to 32Gb every time i have saved it. At the end I couldnt open it.
                      I lost project, time, money

Comment

Originally posted by piotr_lotaa View Post
                        Hi, I had similar problem; Project c4d file size have began grown expotential from about 1GB to 32Gb every time i have saved it. At the end I couldnt open it.
                        I lost project, time, money
                        Same for me, but you can try to open them with 2023, when you still have it on your pc... this saved me several times... then as said copy & paste into a new project

Comment

Hello,
                          any progress in finding the reason for this behavior in C4D 2024?
                          I am still hesitating to switch to C4D 2024.

Comment

Hi all, the issue with the Proxy object leaks should be fixed with the recently released version of V-Ray 6.20.02. Please write if you observe this issue again with the latest version.
                            Deyan Hadzhiev
                            Developer
                            chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
                              Hi all, the issue with the Proxy object leaks should be fixed with the recently released version of V-Ray 6.20.02. Please write if you observe this issue again with the latest version.
                              Great thank you very much! I will switch to 2024 to test...

Comment

Working...
                              X