Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash after closing project

Hi there,

I have sometimes a full crash of Cinema 4D (R23) when closing a project. It seems it happens when I close the project close to the time when stopping an IPR render. Crash report is attached.

Thanks for checking!

Attached Files

Update, I just tested opening and closing without doing an IPR render. And it crashes still. So maybe not caused by the IPR then...

Comment

Hello torebernhoft Thank you for sharing the bug reports!

Could you please let me know of your Cinema 4D and V-Ray (V-Ray > Help > About ) exact versions.

Also, does this situation reproduce on every scene or on a specific scenes only?

Additionally, could you please uninstall V-Ray and check if the crash is still reproducible. If it is, it might be best to contact the Maxon's support.

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
        Hello torebernhoft Thank you for sharing the bug reports!

Could you please let me know of your Cinema 4D and V-Ray (V-Ray > Help > About ) exact versions.

Also, does this situation reproduce on every scene or on a specific scenes only?

Additionally, could you please uninstall V-Ray and check if the crash is still reproducible. If it is, it might be best to contact the Maxon's support.

Hello viktor_angelov

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm using Cinema 4D R23 and V-Ray 6 for Cinema 4D, update 2.1 (v6.20.01 from Feb 6 2024)

This can happen in any scene with V-Ray set as renderer. But it's random if it crashes or not.

Almost like some v-ray internal background task is running and get's interrupted. This is of course just a guess, but that's how it feels.

It never happens if I set the renderer to Standard (C4D). No crashes. Even with V-Ray installed.

Also worth noting is that it might crash when quitting C4D too, if I have worked on a V-Ray project. Even if I close the project down first...
        Last edited by torebernhoft; 05-03-2024, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Hello torebernhoft I have logged this into our system [VC4D-2214] and we will be investigating the crash thoroughly. We will reach out to you once we have more information.

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
            Hello torebernhoft I have logged this into our system [VC4D-2214] and we will be investigating the crash thoroughly. We will reach out to you once we have more information.
            Great! Thank you viktor_angelov

Comment

Working...
            X