Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c4d ui becomes unresponsive when renaming v-ray materials

Hi All!

I've just updated to the latest version of c4d (win 10 pro) 2024.4.0 ( v-ray version V-Ray 6 for Cinema 4D, update 2.1 v6.20.01 from Feb 6 2024) and noticed a very strange issue.

When create a new v-ray material - standard one, not the node based and i rename the material. the material preview in the material manager becomes greyed out ( i assume its updating the preview, but this happens in redshift oo so i guess this is standard c4d behaviour) and whole c4d ui becomes unresponsive for a second or two. in the task manager i see that two cores spike to 100% utilization during this. This doesn't happen with the node materials.

In the preferences i have the vray material previews set to the lowest quality without gi. i attached a screenshot of my settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	106
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1206573

Hi akos_kiss We are unable to reproduce this on our side. Could you please download the latest Stable build and test if it will happen again? https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vray6c4d/stable/6.2

Comment

Hi viktor_angelov. After I updated to the latest version yesterday it looks like the problem is gone. I think this might have been a c4d issue, or something else. we only had two machines with these issue, but after the update. and a preference file reset in c4d the issue is gone. not sure what caused it but now it works as expected.

Comment

akos_kiss Thank you for letting me know. Please, do not hesitate to contact us if the issue is back.

Comment

Working...
        X