Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSD Multi-Pass-File misses baked Beauty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSD Multi-Pass-File misses baked Beauty?

I want to render with Render Elements to an PSD file but if I do so the image itself is missing.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	V-Ray_PSD_Missing_Image.png Views:	0 Size:	8.9 KB ID:	1206713
    Without any Render Elements I get a Background Object with the Image I wanted to render.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	V-Ray_PSD_Image_noRE.png Views:	0 Size:	7.8 KB ID:	1206714
    (I know I do a workaround and could use all beauty elements to compose the final image but I do not want to do that since I dont need that and its just extra work for me)

The final image seems to be somewhere in the file since the icon from the .psd file in windows is the final image and the image can be retrieved by loading the .psd file into the picture viewer in C4D.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	V-Ray_retrieve.png Views:	0 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	1206712

Is this behavoir planned? I hope not.

P.S. Same issue when using other file formats like .png - with RenderElements the "final image" doesnt get saved.
    Attached Files

Unless you have specific reasons to use C4D picture viewer, I suggest you to use VFB and Vray output system, by saving in .vrimg format you'll have all the needed render elements and you can open the format by installing the free ProEXR Photoshop plugin.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Thank you for your advise sirio76 pointing out other workflows that could be used but since we use the Cinema4D Team Render function many times it is dictated by our workflow to use the C4D Output System to output images since the V-Ray Output System doesnt work as expected in conjuction with Team Renderer.
      (For example in the test scene it just cuts the image in half - i guess its the part that the main machine rendered)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Output.png Views:	0 Size:	335.4 KB ID:	1206750

​Edit: I found the other half of the image saved locally on the other TeamRender machine
      Last edited by christian_schneider1; 17-04-2024, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X