Node material and freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Node material and freeze

Hello....again here...when i click to add a color correction node or something else inside a vray node material the software freeze...it is almost 3 years that i have this issue and was never resolved...i changed versions of Cinema 4d, update, roll back driver, you also went inside my pc but nothing...the issue is still there...i find it quite annoying..
    now i am using vray update 6.2 and c4d r25..
    THANKS
    Attached Files

now every pop up window make cinema 4d crash.......

Comment

Hello marco_zanella,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this.

I'm currently discussing the subject with our Cinema 4D development team, but in the meantime, I noticed that you discussed a very similar issue with us earlier this year, and you were advised to clear the preferences directory, which helped. Have you tried doing this now?​

If you haven't attempted this yet, please go to "C:\Users\[Your_USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R25" and delete the highlighted folders shown in the example screenshot - Screenshot.
      Daniel Kapsazov | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

that was suggested to me months ago..it worked till now...basically now i am unable to add nodes in to the nodes materiall editor..when i double click everything freeze and i need to restart the pc in order to open cinema 4d...as i am into a deadline i figured it out that i can copy paste nodes from other materials to the one i need..(for example a color corretion node inside a leather material copyed to a metal material..)..but of course this is not the solution..

Comment

Does this issue occur when using Redshift/Standard Node materials, or is it strictly concerning the V-Ray functionality?
          Additionally, would it be possible for you to provide the bug report files from "C:\Users\[Your_USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R25\_bugreports" ?

Comment

Thank you Daniel....no i have not try with redshift or standard node as i use just vray.tomorrow i can give a try and see if it behaves like in vray.
            i have delete the Bugreport folder before....anyway i will try to recreate the situation and send you the bug reports file tomorrow as i am rendering now..i have to add that is a bizarre behaviour, goes and comes..still i can t figured it out when happens..it seems that has something to do with the loading of vray materials ..every time it takes 10 minutes to load all the shaders...also there is another problem...VFB cannot memorize the history folder path ..every time i need to put it manually...also for the same file.....maybe it is me that has not luck with vray....

Comment

hello...now it is worst...not able to open pop up windows...happes just with vray.....here the bug file
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the provided log files. After discussing it with the development team, they informed me that a similar issue was observed with users who use a graphic tablet or a different pointing device other than a mouse. I was hoping to find out if you have a tablet connected to your PC or had one in the past. If that is the case, please delete its drivers and reinstall them completely.

Additionally, you can try going to Edit > Preferences > Input Devices and changing from Hi-Res Tablet to Graphics Tablet, which was reported by Maxon to resolve a similar issue.​
                Last edited by daniel.kapsazov; 24-04-2024, 06:04 AM.

Comment

oh, ok...i have a Huion painting tablet...i will try this out asap and let you know
                  Best

Comment

Working...
                  X