Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include light creates lines in final render

Hey,
    we had a project and for some reason in the final render there were unexpected lines visible. After some testing we found that they were caused by the include option in the lights project settings. This doesnt happen in CPU preview or when using the GPU version. I attached the scene used to recreate the problem.

CPU - final:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lines_CPU-final.png
Views:	130
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1208184
    CPU - preview:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lines_CPU-preview.png
Views:	97
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1208185
    Attached Files

christian_schneider1 thank you for the report. I will take a look and let you know what is the discovered.

Comment

Hi christian_schneider1 Have you managed to reproduce it elsewhere or just in this scene? It works as expected when I recreate it in another scene.

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
        Hi christian_schneider1 Have you managed to reproduce it elsewhere or just in this scene? It works as expected when I recreate it in another scene.
        I mean yes - the scene I attatched is a recreation, the error first showed up in an ongoing project. (And I tested it again just now to verify and the lines still occur [use a material with reflection, mid glossiness, higher than normal ior (f.e. 2) - like in the attatched scene - to make the lines more visible]

Comment

Thank you for confirming christian_schneider1 I will continue trying to reproduce it.

Meanwhile, could you please confirm what V-Ray build you are using? It's important this is being tested with latest Stable Build. You can find it here: https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vray6c4d/stable/6.2

Comment

Hello christian_schneider1 thank you for your patience! I have managed to reproduce the lines and have logged the issue in our system [VC4D-2278]
            Last edited by viktor_angelov; 16-05-2024, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X